A little operation on my 650s..
Oct 1, 2005 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

H5N1

Head-Fier
e703eu.jpg

e703n5.jpg

Oct 2, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #3 of 10
fell folks say removal of the earpad foam helps remove the "veil" - and he used cheesecloth instead, which still protects the driver. not a bad mod, good job!

Oct 2, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #6 of 10
It really opens up the mid and high on the my 650. It moves me closer to the "stage". It is now comparable to my RS-1. Forgive for my poor English, I cannot really describe the sound very nicely... One thing I can say is that they sound better than ever.. If you like the way they sound w/o the foam, you should definitely do this.

Peace out

Oct 2, 2005 at 8:12 AM Post #7 of 10
I wouldn't do that, not even if they were pointing a gun to me. I love my 650's far tooo much.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 2, 2005 at 10:28 AM Post #8 of 10
I wouldn't do it to my 580s either. Not a "de-foamer" here, I never have believed that foam is sonically impeding enough to make that big a difference. Why would headphone manufacturers (nearly all of them) use a foam material that degrades sound? Makes no sense to me.

Oct 2, 2005 at 11:02 AM Post #9 of 10
Come join the revolution
http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...light=defoamer

Andrea, there is nothing to fear, you can always replace the foam if you do not like the results.

fewtch, the foam does not degrade the sound, but it changes the character of the phones. Its a super-easy, reversible modification, everyone with bigger Senns should try it, IMO, and just if to see that they don't like it & put the foam back in place the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back