A little Home Theater help? HTiB? DVDP/Recievers?
Dec 10, 2001 at 10:40 PM Post #4 of 10
The folks (or is it freaks) in the cables section at Audioasylum seem to think interconnects are the most critical component.
wink.gif

Dec 10, 2001 at 11:30 PM Post #5 of 10
Inmates, not freaks... and thats quite an offtopic post you have there
wink.gif

But gluegun, I once heard that Kenwood made some decent all in one setups. Might want to look into that.

Dec 14, 2001 at 9:12 AM Post #6 of 10
gluegun: I don't know whether you also have the DAV-S-series available at your place, but these units seem quite nice. One of the Motor Presse magazines (Audio or Stereoplay) has recently reviewed the DAV-S500, and they seemed quite happy with it. They also claim a noticeable boost in sound quality using sacds with this unit.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Dec 14, 2001 at 1:04 PM Post #7 of 10
I doubt we are going to ever listen to SACD's...

And a Sony HTiB was one of the first ones we are looking at. However, I am concenred about speaker quality...

Dec 14, 2001 at 5:08 PM Post #8 of 10
i don't know about ht reciever/dvd combos, but i too had very limited space and got this sytem:
denon 1602 ht reciever
panasonic rv80 dvdp
rca lx55 speakers + center (timber matched--from radio shack)
sony wega 27" tv

just the speakers and the reciever together were about $600, including digital coax cable. until i can get a good sub i'm using a pacific tech bass toaster. the rca speakers are small dipole speakers that sound good with ht & music, and have excellent imaging qualities due to the lynaeum ribbon tweeters (plus they were being cleared out at $50 each).

also check out chuckster's website for some good quick info:
chuckster's ht site

Dec 15, 2001 at 10:53 AM Post #10 of 10
redshifter, that is a very nice well thought out system you have there. Those little Linaeum speakers are great for the money. Especially for how much you paid for them. Sony Wega TVs, and Denon receivers generally speak for themselves. Very nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back