A little help please?
Oct 23, 2011 at 8:26 AM Post #91 of 102
The Clip+ sounds great with anything up to 32ohm and decent sensitivity, because those don't benefit from an amp as much. I can't verify this at 100%, but I'm pretty sure the amp on the Fuze is the same on the Clip+. Think of the fuze as a an upgraded Clip+, but only on the non-essential stuff: you get a better screen and a line-out. Other than that, it's the same stuff. But if you have indeed inherited a fortune from a Nigerian prince, and price is not an obstacle, look into HiFiman. However, I still insist that none of this will be of much importance if you don't have good headphones to appreciate the player.

Anyway:
1st - Fuze (only because it has a line-out)
2nd - Clip+ (sounds same as above, but no line-out)
3rd - iPod

Oct 23, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #93 of 102
Fuze+ = Fuze with the ability to add a microSD card, which adds more memory. It's great, since you can have a player with about 40Gb of space without paying over 70$. It's good if you like carrying your whole music library with you, especially in lossless formats like FLAC.

Oct 23, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #94 of 102

Quote:
Fuze+ = Fuze with the ability to add a microSD card, which adds more memory. It's great, since you can have a player with about 40Gb of space without paying over 70$. It's good if you like carrying your whole music library with you, especially in lossless formats like FLAC.

Wrong!
Fuze has a microsd slot as well. Fuze+ was the newer model that has crappy touchpad controls that drive users nuts.And I don't think anyone has bothered to make a line-out cable for the Fuze+ either.

Oct 23, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #95 of 102

Quote:
Wrong!
Fuze has a microsd slot as well. Fuze+ was the newer model that has crappy touchpad controls that drive users nuts.And I don't think anyone has bothered to make a line-out cable for the Fuze+ either.

Exactly. Although I think they are fixing the issues with the sensitivity. But what pissed me of was the fact that Sansa had the audacity to release this product and use the buyers a guinea pigs when this **** should have been fixed before released, and I clearly made my point on their forums regarding this. I ended up selling mine to a co-worker because the lag issue when you have lots of music on the player and it slows the UI down which is also BS. I'm not sure if they fixed this yet but I wasn't gonna wait any longer. It had been months before I finally sold it and there was no fix in sight at the time. My advice, steer clear of the fuze+ unless they fixed all the issues (which I doubt but who knows). The fuze plus does sound better than the fuze in my opinion as I had them side by side and compared them. But it doesn't warrant the extra issues and inconveniences so I still wouldn't get it over the Fuze. I preferred the fuze to the clip due to how easy it is to navigate and how fast I can navigate in comparison. Some find issues with the button being pressed while in the pocket but I don't have this issue due to my leather case that I carry my device in so its a non-issue. I find the line out doc does improve on the fuze while other don't. I find there to be more dynamics and a bigger sound-stage. I assume if you don't use a good amp it will sound crappy though.

Oct 23, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #96 of 102

Quote:
Wrong!

So the line-out on the Fuze isn't the same on the Fuze+? Sounds weird... if it's the same, Fiio has a LOD for it.

Oct 23, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #97 of 102

Quote:
So the line-out on the Fuze isn't the same on the Fuze+? Sounds weird... if it's the same, Fiio has a LOD for it.

That's if the Fuze+ charger port is capable of line-out which it probably is but I doubt anyone will want it due to the horrible interface. The new fuze+ uses a small charger plug similar to that on newer phones and the same plug as my UHA4 uses. The original fuze uses the old school Sandisk charger that the E200 series used. (I kinda miss the E280 V2 because it sounded just like a fuze but had a metal back plate and replaceable battery).

Oct 24, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #100 of 102

Quote:

For a brief period in 2008 I carried one of those around with me, along with a case of CDs. I was about 17 at the time, and felt really retro xD the only reason I stopped was every single bump on my way made the CD skip.

Retro? The nice way of saying ghetto rflmao  
very_evil_smiley.gif
 I bet the Sflo2 and Hifiman would give the CD player a run for its money and without the clunk of carrying CDs.

Oct 24, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #102 of 102

Quote:
...And costing only 20x what my CD player costed 
redface.gif
 but seriously, the HM-601 is a thing of beauty.

I just wish it was as slim as the Sflo2 then I'd be very happy as I could use my UHA4 amp with it on the go easily. Its a bit bulky due to this. But until the Sflo2 is available again and in the 16gb model I won't even consider it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back