A Little Disappointed with Shure
Jul 23, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakhai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't remember what the problem was with the Westone 3. I just remember deciding to not buy it after reading an article on it. As of then, (recently) the problem wasn't fixed.

I don't know of any company that would warranty their products AFTER the warranty period expired. If Shure did that in the past, then it's out of pure generosity. Few products have zero problems with them when they're first released. It's nearly impossible to predict the future, and no product testing protocol can catch all possible problems. The OP may feel like having a vendetta against Shure, but realistically, they are still his best choice. Both the TriFi10 and W3 are significantly more expensive, and both have various problems that are unfixed to date. Newly made SE530's are fixed.

At least you're not dealing with Grado. Things break down within one year, within 2 weeks of warranty replacement, stealing cables,...etc.

This is very irresponsible. Please do not post false info that only causes false rumors that harms respectable products like the W3, that I used to own and never had a problem with. If you are gonna make such statements you better back them up with facts.

Jul 23, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Logman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sakhai -

I was just looking at the Westone 3's as a possible replacement. Thanks for the heads-up on the design issue.

I currently own Shure SE110 and SE310 and used my buddy's SE530's for about a week and going with the Westone 3s is the way to go!

I bought my W3s a few months back and still have a smile on my face when I listen to them. The rolled off highs and weaker bass that I found plagued the SE530s (to my ears anyway) where gone and replaced with outstanding performance and a nice tinge of warmth.

Jul 23, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #18 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by talisman42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. That's very irresponsible to post something like this without any facts to back it up.

I agree, pretty irresponsible to say "I think I read somewhere at sometime there might be an issue". Would not really hold up in a court of law.

I've had my W3s for several months now with no issue. They are amazing IEMs that rival my full sized RS1s.

Jul 23, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #19 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by p0wderh0und23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We did? I'm curious to what defect you are mentioning... do you have a post, link or anything???

Agreed! Sakhai is NUTS or a Shure marketing moron!

Jul 23, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #20 of 32
Add some extra money and get customs from China utilized still working BA drivers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakhai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't remember what the problem was with the Westone 3. I just remember deciding to not buy it after reading an article on it. As of then, (recently) the problem wasn't fixed.

I don't know of any company that would warranty their products AFTER the warranty period expired. If Shure did that in the past, then it's out of pure generosity. Few products have zero problems with them when they're first released. It's nearly impossible to predict the future, and no product testing protocol can catch all possible problems. The OP may feel like having a vendetta against Shure, but realistically, they are still his best choice. Both the TriFi10 and W3 are significantly more expensive, and both have various problems that are unfixed to date. Newly made SE530's are fixed.

At least you're not dealing with Grado. Things break down within one year, within 2 weeks of warranty replacement, stealing cables,...etc.

You don't know what the problem is, you just know that there is a problem which hasn't been fixed and you have nothing to back it up with. Do you realize how bad that sounds? New products will have some problems but when they are serious enough to harm the reputation of a company, they will fix the product or replace the product free of charge. Cable cracking on such a high end iem is a serious defect.

Jul 23, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by shrisha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Add some extra money and get customs from China utilized still working BA drivers.
smily_headphones1.gif

Funny how many people recommend/ suggest doing just that and yet in the last few months we only have 2/3 head-fiers who have actually done the custom thing with that Chinese company and all of them, as far as I can remember, have had their Triple fi's done and not the SE530. Seems very very few are prepared to take the risk. Lots of interest but that's all.

So easy to give advise when we ourselves haven't done what we're advising others to do. Getting ear impressions, sending them to China, chances of a re-fit or two, and God knows what warranty is being offered doesn't sound like the best option at present from Unique Melody. They've had plenty of time to update & translate their info into English on their website, but no change there. Also contacting them seems to be a bit of a mystery.

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:16 PM Post #26 of 32
I have also had contact with Shure support regarding out-of-warranty E500's, which are now broken after 2,5 year with the well-known snapped cable issue. The reaction I got was "I'm afraid there are really no possibility to repair a broken cable of the earphone. The only thing is an exchange Earphone. Usually our distributors offer end customers a replacement earphone for a special price.".

I have been in contact with the distributor, but their special price was higher than the price with other online shops here in the Netherlands. So that is no help to me either.

It annoys me that they cannot help me since it is actually caused by a faulty cable that has been used in fabrication, but on the other hand I was not surprised, since the warranty has expired.

I already have replaced the E500's with Westone UM3X's (which are fabulous by the way), but I still want to look into having the E500 remolded into customs (since only the cable is broken, the phones are fine). I have sent two emails (one to Unique Melody and one to a reseller of theirs). No reaction yet from both, but I am going to keep trying to contact them. Hopefully I will get some responses and get my Shure's remolded.

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #28 of 32
Sakhai postings should be removed. After reading some of his posts in bashing W3, I thought to myself "Oh man, I just bought the W3 and I loved it....I'm curious about the defects that he's mentioning about." He's probably a Shure's employee or investor
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by MinMay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He's probably a Shure's employee or investor
smily_headphones1.gif

I think the criticisms of Sakhai's claims are very appropriate, but can we not sully Shure (the company) with this nonsense unless there is good proof that he is an employee? This is the second comment on this page that suggests he might be an employee. My experience with the known employees that frequent this site is that they are very professional and courteous.

Jul 25, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the criticisms of Sakhai's claims are very appropriate, but can we not sully Shure (the company) with this nonsense unless there is good proof that he is an employee? This is the second comment on this page that suggests he might be an employee. My experience with the known employees that frequent this site is that they are very professional and courteous.

Right on. And remarkably objective. I've seen them be critical of their own company's products (although mildly of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back