A list of hi-fi headphone cable manufaturers
Feb 8, 2015 at 2:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

kawaivpc1

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello guys,

Would you give me a comprehensive list of hi-fi headphone manufacturers?

So far, I have found:

Moon Audio
Nordost
Norse Audio
Helix Cable
Toxic Cable

Is there anybody else? which company make the best headphone cable for Sennheiser HD800, Audeze LCD-X, Shure SRH1840, AKG812 Pro?
Which one does offer switchable end for 3.5mm, 1/4", 3.5mm dual balanced (Sony PHA-3), XLR balanced?

Thanks!

Feb 8, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #3 of 16
AudioQuest
Cardas
Crystal Cable
Double Helix Cables*
Effect Audio
Mapleshade
Norne Audio*
Siltech
Stefan AudioArt
Synergistic Research

* = ones you listed, but without the current name.

Not all of them make headphone cables, though.

Feb 8, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #6 of 16
  Well, Nordost cable is known to be the best among them.
I don't think they all sound the same.

Norne may be the best value, based on my own research and talking to owners and other experienced audiophiles. I know a guy (actually, a few people) who spent four figures on a hardwired Stefan AudioArt cable for his HD 800, and he told me that Norne would be almost as good for a fraction of the price. I gotta love that pink on the Nordost Heimdall 2, though!

As for the best, that's up to debate. Even if you could isolate audible differences, it still comes down to personal preference.

Feb 8, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #7 of 16

Norne may be the best value, based on my own research and talking to owners and other experienced audiophiles. I know a guy (actually, a few people) who spent four figures on a hardwired Stefan AudioArt cable for his HD 800, and he told me that Norne would be almost as good for a fraction of the price. I gotta love that pink on the Nordost Heimdall 2, though!

As for the best, that's up to debate. Even if you could isolate audible differences, it still comes down to personal preference.

Norne audio seems to be the best.
Moon Audio is good but it costs nearly $600 to get the cables + adaptive system. It's already beyond the price of usual headphones.

Feb 8, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #13 of 16

http://www.doublehelixcables.com
http://www.norneaudio.com

Just contact them privately for what custom options you need. Or you could browse their sites and see if it's already there.

Do you mean they can replace connectors on Nordost cable?
or do you mean they're selling headphone connector that is like an adapter that fits other headphone connector types and turn into Shure connector?

Feb 8, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #14 of 16
  Do you mean they can replace connectors on Nordost cable?
or do you mean they're selling headphone connector that is like an adapter that fits other headphone connector types and turn into Shure connector?

Adapters that you would put your headphone cable into on one side and into your headphones on the other.

Feb 8, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #15 of 16

One you guys forgot.Van Den Hul,not sure if they make headphone cables though
I bought a Van Den Hull from Currawong ,about 6 months ago,it ran me..$1000.00,and this is after Currawong took $500.00 of the price.
And yes,this cable makes a difference.,for all you cables," don,t make a difference" people.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back