A letter to Bose
Feb 24, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #46 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What exactly did they say?

They ignored my entire e-mail and said they were out of warranty and they'd love to sell me new ones for a discount.
Quote:

Thank you for your interest in Bose Corporation.

The date of manufacture indicates that your Bose® QuietComfort® 2 are no longer covered by the warranty. Warranty Expires: November 16, 2005. The headphones are not factory or user-serviceable.

Note: If you have proof of purchase showing the headphones were purchased within the past twelve months from a Bose authorized reseller, then please forward a copy of the receipt or invoice to us so we can replace the item under warranty. Proof of purchase can also include a copy of a bank or credit card statement if a receipt or invoice is not available.

Alternatively, without proof of purchase, you may trade your QC®2 headphones for a brand new set of QuietComfort 2 headphones for $100 (US dollars) or a brand new set of QuietComfort 3 headphones for $150 (US dollars); state and local taxes may apply. Replacement headphones come with a new one-year warranty.

To take advantage of this offer, please email us your preference for the replacement headphones, daytime telephone number and daytime UPS shipping address. We will provide return shipping instructions.

Your new headphones should arrive about 10 to 14 business days after we receive your old ones. If you pay with a personal check, please allow an extra 2 to 3 business days.

Feb 24, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #48 of 50
Sorry, I've gone from page 1 to page 4, and skipped the rest, although i can guess there's been a hefty amount of Bose bashing.

What I'm getting is that

1) the warranty has expired

2) Bose had a design fault and that's part of the reason they broke

I hoppe I'm right with those two statements.

Interesting because over on the portable/earphone side, there's been a few nasty experiences with Ultimate Ears CS as well.

I had problems with the Bose AE pre 2005, I went through ... 3 of them, but they broke with in a matter of months. However i bough from a Bose dealer, not directly from Bose. If they're a few years old and the warranty has expired, I guess I would choke that down to bad luck. I do feel for ya!

Feb 24, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #49 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggranak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even if they did replace it, I wouldn't recommend Bose...

I always tell my friends that my QC2s are my most comfortable but worst sounding headphones. Also, I tell them that the sound canceling is nowhere near as good as the commercials would have you believe.

But they really are comfy.

I tried on a friend's QC3s. Not comfy at all!

Feb 24, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #50 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by nleahcim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always tell my friends that my QC2s are my most comfortable but worst sounding headphones. Also, I tell them that the sound canceling is nowhere near as good as the commercials would have you believe.

But they really are comfy.

I tried on a friend's QC3s. Not comfy at all!

Fair enough.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back