A & K KANN and Chord Mojo - How Do I Connect?
Apr 17, 2021 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mkn777er

New Head-Fier
Title says it all really. I have recently purchased a Mojo which enhances my Laptop and headphones brilliantly. But I cannot get it to work with my A & K KANN. A Google search suggests (many sites) that all A & K devices (except Jr) need a Toslink cable with one end plugged into the headphone outlet of the KANN and the other into the optical input of the Mojo. This did not work so I contacted Chord. They told me quite categorically that was not the way to do it, and the only way to connect the two is via the micro USB audio socket on the KANN and the micro USB on the Mojo with an OTG cable (adaptor). Guess what? That doesn't work either.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I've tried every combination of every cable and connector I can think of and yet I cannot get the KANN to work with the Mojo. Thank you

Apr 18, 2021 at 4:58 AM Post #2 of 2
Thanks for looking everybody but to ‘close’ this thread I’ve managed to sort it. The fault was with the KANN (actually not a fault at all, it was working correctly). There is a setting buried away in the bowels of the unit that needs to be selected each and every time you want to use the micro USB port as a ‘media out’. Once I did that, the Mojo was happy - just a shame it took me several hours to find it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back