a-JAYS Five?
Sep 4, 2013 at 1:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Closingracer

100+ Head-Fier
I been loosely following these buds and they come out on September 12th and are only $115 after shipping and wondering will these be any good? ( Anybody with past experience with a-Jays past earbuds could talk about SQ?)

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #2 of 9
Still waiting reviews myself. I need to replace my SOL Republic buds that I gave to my Fiancée. They are about the same price as those SOL's, so I expect similar results.

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #4 of 9
They are still pretty new on the market. Reviews will start appearing over the next months, it takes some time. 

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #5 of 9
I have them.   Short answer: comfortable. A tad bass heavy, but not dark or chesty - midrange may be a tad recessed, and there is some loss of detail, but nothing alarming, and they are still a pleasant listen.  Sounds nothing like the previous a-jays models, which is a good thing - the 4 were absolutely terrible in every way except comfort.

If forced to choose, I'd still pick my RE-400's over them, though.

Jul 24, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #7 of 9
I have them. Short answer: comfortable. A tad bass heavy, but not dark or chesty - midrange may be a tad recessed, and there is some loss of detail, but nothing alarming, and they are still a pleasant listen. Sounds nothing like the previous a-jays models, which is a good thing - the 4 were absolutely terrible in every way except comfort.

If forced to choose, I'd still pick my RE-400's over them, though.
If I can get these for $20, will they be worth it ? Anything better within $20 ?

Jul 24, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #9 of 9
Seriously? You've necro'd 4yr old thread lol..

Go get it for $20 of course. But I'll go with newer stuffs.

Decided against these. Looks like cable noise is too high. This actually matches up with a previous experience. I had Cowon EM1 which had the same heavy flat cable like these, and the cable noise was just not bearable.

Now looking at RHA - MA350

Users who are viewing this thread

Back