A Hifiman Deva... but close ?
Nov 26, 2022 at 9:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ttaazz

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

Since some months i have a Hifiman Deva and i love it so much :heart_eyes:, it's exactly the sound i like :L3000:

However, for when I have my children at home or my girlfriend next door, I would like to listen to my music without disturbing them, that's why i'm looking for closed back headphone :o2smile:

So, I would like your feedback on headphone that sound like my Deva, without the open side. I know that I won't have exactly the same sound, especially concerning the contribution of the open side, but I would really like to find the same signature with a closed headphone.

I looking on the hifiman Sundara closed back or the Audeze Sine ?
What do you think ?

Other proposals?

Thanks a lot for helping me :thumbsup:

Nov 27, 2022 at 3:47 AM Post #2 of 7
Sundara closed is awful! They sound nothing close to the open version. Audeze Sine is not comfortable at all.
Maybe look into Aeon Closed X which is discounted right now for 380$ on drop. The sound signature is close enough to Deva and they're super comfortable.

Dec 3, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #5 of 7
For closed back, the best affordable option would be the Hyperx Cloud Orbit which uses the Audeze planar 100mm drivers and has a removable Shure microphone. On eBay if you can find one under $125 it's an epic win. The parts alone are worth more. The downside is the built in amp/dac doesn't get as loud as plugging into a stack. It's loud just not favorite song/party loud. It just uses a USB port, everything is self contained. You can set it up with the software and the settings save to the unit so it's not required after that. The flat EQ profile sounds really good in stereo mode. The surround is a mixed bag depending on the game you're playing. Also the head tracking on the S version is useless so just get the regular Cloud Orbit if you can to save money.
The AKG K371Pro is my other favorite closed back, well rounded and don't need EQ or an amplifier. The regular and bluetooth versions don't sound as good, I'd avoid those. The Beyerdynamic MMX300 is also excellent. I used one for years and on eBay you can steal a pair compared to retail. You need a mild amp with 3 volts to hear the nice bass they have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back