A headphone store in Oslo?
Aug 18, 2007 at 1:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Artemio

100+ Head-Fier
I am on a business trip here on Oslo and have not been able to find a shop with good cans. I went in on a Radio/Tv station and the AKG seemed to be very popular between the people taht work there, so I guessed that it would be a good opportunity to try the K701 or any other european cans (I live in Mexico).

I did found a hi fi audio store, but I was amazed to found out that they only selled Grado cans! It was really nice to see them there on a glass enclosure, a pair of SR 60s. They were expensive though.

But back on topic, any suggestions where I could try or buy them here?

Thanks

Aug 18, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #2 of 8
There's an Apple-oriented computer and music electronics shop called Eplehuset that carries AKG. Their selecton favors the consumer-oriented and midrange cans (like K581DJ) but it could be that their music department upstairs carries K701s, or that they know who else in town has them.

Call or email them, or just drop by. They are **super** nice, and all speak extremely fluent English.

While in Oslo if you are at all a jazz fan, you also owe it to yourself to visit the awesome Bare Jazz music store/coffehouse/performance space located just a couple blocks away and open very late on weekends. They have listening stations (headphones with amps) and are helpful and eager to help you find and explore new music to enjoy. If they had a fan club I'd join in a heartbeat.

I hope you're enjoying your visit to Oslo. It's a marvelous place.

Aug 19, 2007 at 11:37 AM Post #4 of 8
Thanks a lot episiarch! I will try to go to those places, specially to Bare Jazz, it sounds like a unique opportunity indeed.

I'll take a look at that store Tantra, I might end up with those K701 after all =P

Aug 19, 2007 at 2:37 PM Post #5 of 8
The 701 is way too expensive in Norway. They want approx usd 750 for them here. Anywhere else must be cheaper than that. Considering that they are costing around usd 250 on the net it's worth waiting for a shipment....

Aug 19, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #6 of 8
Thanks for the comment Stavanger. I imagined something like that could happen since I noticed there are huge taxes on several imported things. Well, I'll have to either wait and import a pair later or browse at Amsterdam's airport and try to find a store in there that sells them (very doubtful).

Thanks a lot =)

Aug 19, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #7 of 8
No problem. Checked recently in Amsterdam myself but they did not have them. Also compared a few other things there and found it expensive even compared too norwegian prices. How they can call it duty free beats me. Happy hunting.

Sep 9, 2007 at 11:47 AM Post #8 of 8
A bit late for our friend 'Artemio' presume, since he probably have returned to Mexico by now.
But I list the shops I know, in case someone else drop by Oslo some time...

* Lyric Hifi -> Stax
* Hi-Fi Klubben -> Sennheiser, Denon, Goldring
* Stereofil -> Grado, Shure, Koss
* Oslo Hi-Fi Center -> beyerdynamic, Grado
* LydRommet -> AKG
* Hi-Fi Center Kjeden -> AKG

Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back