A "guilty pleasure" musical evening
Jun 14, 2007 at 4:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MetalManCPA

500+ Head-Fier
I guess I went musically soft tonight by venturing into the pop world. Me being a self-professed metalhead (Opeth, Dimmu Borgir, etc etc), I watched two music videos and listened to one song, and I listened/watched each several several times. And I like the songs for various and unknown reasons.

The song I caught a brief listen to was while watching the remake of The Fog. The song is Salome's Wish by The Booda Velvets. It's repetetive and trancy, and I liked it. So I went into Rhapsody and played it over and over.

The three music videos are "old man watches young women" videos
eggosmile.gif
: Lip Gloss by Lil Mama, Beautiful Liar by Shakira and Beyonce, and Naughty Girl by Beyonce.

Jun 14, 2007 at 9:08 AM Post #2 of 2
Funny anecdote about that Beautiful Liar video: I don't really listen to the radio these days, so I was not familiar with the song until seeing the video some months ago. I was flipping channels and happened to check MTV or VH1 and I stopped and listened for a few seconds. Somehow I couldn't figure out if the singer was Beyonce or Shakira
tongue.gif
It took a while to realize it was a duet. They do kind of mock each other's styles in this song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back