A GREAT Indie/Alternative/Progressive Rock Band : The Dear Hunter
Sep 30, 2011 at 8:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

RedBlade

New Head-Fier
Hi Head-Fi'ers! 

I Just want to share my favorite band at this time, wich is called "The Dear Hunter".

From Wikipedia:

The Dear Hunter is an indie rock band originating in Providence, Rhode Island. It began as a side project of Casey Crescenzo, formerly of post-hardcore band The Receiving End of Sirens. The band's sound is unlike that of Casey's former band, with more alternative and progressive rock tendencies and a wider variety of instrumentation.

The main project of the band is to create a Six-Act (Six Albums) story set at the dawn of the 20th century about the birth, life, and abrupt death of a boy, known only in the story as "The Dear Hunter."

They have already released the 3 first acts, and a side project called "The Colour Spectrum", wich is a 36 tracks album, divised in 9 EP's, each one named by one of the seven colours of the spectrum (obviously) + Black & White.

They are currently working on Act 4, but no info yet.

So let me share some songs with you guys (at least my favorites)!

Red Hands, from Act II.

A Sea of Solid Earth, From The Color Spectrum (Orange EP)

Life & Death, From Act III

Lillian, From The Color Spectrum (Violet EP)

And Finally, The Tank, From Act II

I suggest you to browse over Youtube to find more songs if you like them, there is a lot of songs from them.

Now Tell me what you think! (Or if you know similar bands, dont hesitate! I LOVE to discover new bands!)

Oct 10, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #3 of 3
Hell yes. The Dear Hunter is actually a favorite of mine in this type of genre. I think they definitely are very versatile and incorporate a variety of styles into their overall sound. The Acts have a very cool swing influence about them, and I especially like the Black and Indigo EPs. Have you perhaps heard of Fear Before, Dr. Manhattan, Endless Hallway, Orbs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back