A good quality in ear around $200, beats?
Jan 20, 2012 at 10:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

diam0nds

New Head-Fier
I'm thinking of buying a good quality earphones. Preferably in ear, with a good bass that doesnt ruin vocals etc. I know nothing about earphones.. Lol 
are beats tours worth it? Whats the sound quality like?how would you best describe the muddy effect on some earphones?

Jan 20, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #2 of 12
Noooo, beats tour are totally not worth it. However, if you want good bass, Monster Turbine is cheaper and is even better. Muddy means it lacks clarity and you can hardly hear any details. 

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #5 of 12
Some people claim the $25 JVC HAFX1X sounds almost the same as the Tours. I haven't heard the Tours though.  I do have the HAFX1X. It is bright sounding overall with excellent treble detail but also has very strong bass.A great value for the price. It does need plenty of burn in though.

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #6 of 12
Some people claim the $25 JVC HAFX1X sounds almost the same as the Tours. I haven't heard the Tours though.  I do have the HAFX1X. It is bright sounding overall with excellent treble detail but also has very strong bass.A great value for the price. It does need plenty of burn in though.

By burn in you mean break in, and no they don't. What you're experiencing is your ears getting used to the sound.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #7 of 12

Quote:
By burn in you mean break in, and no they don't. What you're experiencing is your ears getting used to the sound.

Well folks we have the definitive answer on burn in.
(Oops I'm so sorry!  I meant "break in."  Please forgive me!)

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #10 of 12

Quote:

I believe that "burn in" might be noticable on some headphones and not on some. Out of the 20+ headphones I have, only 3 have noticably changed their character after 50+ hours. Two of them had very sharp, almost unpleasant, treble and that got softened quite a lot. One had very muddy bass that got tightened up considerably. I had to EQ them at first to reduce the annoying characteristics, but after around 50+ hours EQ it wasn't necessary any more. Compared to other headphones they did appear to change their audio characteristics a bit. I don't believe that pink noise is more effective, though.

Jan 22, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #12 of 12

Quote:
Thanks for your replies, is there anything Ishould look for when buying in ears? 
can you recommend any, and is it possible to buy an adapter for an airplane?

You should look for In Ears that suit your taste and preference of music. These 2 attributes are very important when spending on earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back