A good headphone for sansa clip+
Feb 9, 2010 at 6:27 AM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think its been greatly exaggerated or misinformed given the number of people asking that question over the last couple months. The RE0 sounds fine off a dap but is even better when you have it paired with an amp. So yes the RE0 can be used off any decent dap. There are owners who have the clip+ and RE0 combo and find it just fine. I used my RE0 with a sansa e260, cowon d2+ to give a reference if that;s needed. They sounded fine with both.

On the other hand I heard of poor weak sounding coming from an iPod. That said, not only agree with theKraken11 (lol clash of the titans?) but also add that the problem here is with the 'decent dap' thing. Even the finest brands slip once in a while, what to say about the new ones?

Feb 9, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #17 of 29
Well my Sony MDR V6 works on the Clip +, that's about 63 ohms. A Sennheiser HD25 1-ii has 70 ohms, if the HD25 works unamplified I guess your limit is reached. I'm not sure though.

Still, a Fiio E5 is cheap, so why bother?

Feb 9, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #18 of 29
The Clip+/T4 (or T3)/RE0 is a great combo, playing FLAC files. The RE0 straight out of the Clip+ sounds good, but better with the T4 using bass boost.

Feb 9, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #19 of 29
I dont think you should be asking whats a good headphone for the sansa clip +, it sound to me like your trying to limit your choice or usage on your Clip+. What you should do is to get a decent CMOY/Headphone amp, than go out and choose a good headphone to match it, because the amp will have more guts it would mean it can run a more choice of headphones from 32 ohms to 300 ohms or bit less.

Feb 9, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Funk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well my Sony MDR V6 works on the Clip +, that's about 63 ohms. A Sennheiser HD25 1-ii has 70 ohms, if the HD25 works unamplified I guess your limit is reached. I'm not sure though.

I agree with you about the Sony MDR V6. After looking it up, I saw many great reviews for this headphone. It's strange that Sony is still making these because from what I learned that the Sony MDR V6 is very old. I might get myself a pair of these soon.

Right now I'm very interested in the Hippo VB. I read some review of this headphone over at ABI and I think I'm gonna stick with it. I heard of some good things about the RE0 too. But many people recommend I get the Hippo VB for the type of music I listen to. So thanks guys

Feb 9, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #21 of 29
The Sony MDR V6 has a distinct sound signature. I like it but it can tire you, really. Still they are worth the money considering the bang for your buck ratio compared to some of the competition today. Besides, you'll be buying a classic.

The V6 is prone to make you a bass head, be warned...

Feb 9, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

The Sony MDR V6 has a distinct sound signature. I like it but it can tire you, really. Still they are worth the money considering the bang for your buck ratio compared to some of the competition today. Besides, you'll be buying a classic.

The V6 is prone to make you a bass head, be warned...

it's ok cuz that's what I need to listen to Trance and House. I'd probably use it at home and not outside. I like it more portable and simple when I go outside so I wouldn't bring something like the V6 with me.

Mar 2, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #23 of 29
I'm using the PL30 from soundmagic.. pretty good fit imo.. a nice package for under 100

Mar 2, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #24 of 29
My choice: Klipsch Image S4.
happy_face1.gif

Mar 2, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Quote:

I recently bought a Sansa Clip +, lovely device. I use it most of the time with a Sennheiser HD428, sometimes a Sony MDR V6. There is an impedance limit I guess. With a 32 ohms headphone you should be fine.

It seems to me the Clip+ does a good job at active impedance matching. For example, while it can be a bit on the quiet side with the 32 Ohm Phonak PFE (since they're rather inefficient by design), it drives the 300 Ohm Sennheiser HD650 at about the same SPL.

The specs of the Sansa's AMS chip say it can deliver 160mW into 16 Ohm... while that would be rather ear-shattering, it seems there are some reserves for higher impedance cans in there.

Mar 2, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #26 of 29
I use a fuze with modified PL50s right now. I'm fussy and do need some EQ. The Fuze EQ is not good but to be honest, I can hear the EQ circuit on rockbox too, though much better. What I do is keep a wav library as that's what I like in my home system. I then EQ on conversion to the fuze using DBpoweramp and the EQ plugin. I also use a fuze build that's a bit warm and matches well. Sort of a target function approach as none of these things are truly audiophile. It can however be satisfying, fun and interesting to experiment. If I ever want a flat library for the fuze, I can batch convert at any time from the wav library and replace the compressed files in no time.

Mar 2, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamekiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh, i'm using clip+ with pk1 and i think that are great. i never hear a best combo dap+hp like them.

Clip+ can drive PK1 properly unamped???

Mar 5, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems to me the Clip+ does a good job at active impedance matching. For example, while it can be a bit on the quiet side with the 32 Ohm Phonak PFE (since they're rather inefficient by design)

Hi DFKT

About to get the clip+ to replace my rockboxed nano 1st gen (I have fiio e5 and phonak pfe). Bit of a noob but i assume all is good with using clip with pfe's and the fiio as an amp?

Photos will hopefully appear soon in rigs thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back