A good headphone for cowon D2
Mar 5, 2010 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

fellipealcateia

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,
i'm going to buy a cowon D2 and i'm looking for some good headphone at the range of $100 for it. i'm going to use this headphone at home and i will begin to study recording techniques so i also want a headphone for studio.
I listen classical and brazilian music. What are some good headphones for this?
I've take a quick look at some Sennheiser, what about the EH series? Wich sennheiser will be better for this? i'm also looking for good isolation, but will this drecrease the sound quality somehow?

Mar 5, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #3 of 10
Alright I'm gonna take a crack at this since I have a Cowon D2+. For something portable (I don't like to carry around an amp even at home), I listen to FLACs with my SR60 and so far I'm a very happy man. IMO, I prefer open instead of closed, it just makes the music more live. For $100 closed headphones, you could consider the Denon D1001 or AT M50. Just curious, where are you buying the D2 from? I got mine from newegg.ca for $169.99 a few weeks back and it seems to be unavailable now. If I can't get the D2 I would totally consider the Cowon S9 16GB for $209.99 from newegg.com. Good thing I jumped the gun fast on the D2 cuz I love this thing. The battery life is legendary. iPods stand aside!

Mar 6, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #4 of 10
Ok! I think i will choose the AT M50. Can i plug this headphone directly in my D2 or do i need an impedance adapter? just curious, how long is the life of a headphone?
I going to buy my D2 from amazon, 8gb for $121.67
Thanks!

Mar 6, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #5 of 10
You can plug it directly to your player. Also to consider are Shure SRH440 and SRH840 (for studio use as well)

Mar 6, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by fellipealcateia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the AT M50 better than SRH440 ??

I have no idea...All I know is that I really like my SRH440. It's cheaper than the ATH-M50 isn't it?

Mar 6, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by fellipealcateia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I going to buy my D2 from amazon, 8gb for $121.67
Thanks!

That's about what I got my 8 gig D2 for; great DAP, you'll love it!

(Check out the themes you can use with the D2 too, lots of fun to play with! Just google D2 themes).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back