A good DAP around 100-150$?
Apr 12, 2014 at 10:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

skee

New Head-Fier
Hello. I just bought a Superlux HD681 EVO, and boy, I've never been so impressed. But my phone's audio output kinda sucks, and its kinda sad. So I've decided to buy a DAP. So, what DAPs are the best in that price range? Some pros would be expandable memory, simple interface, and tactile buttons. Thanks in advance!

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #2 of 19
Get the Sansa Clip+ or Zip. Then you can add a micro SD card to upgrade the storage capacity. The Sansas have sound quality comparable to iPhones and iPods.

Then sell your Superlux and get better headphones (or return them if you still have the packaging). This would give you a better sound upgrade than spending $150 on a DAP.

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #3 of 19
Get the Sansa Clip+ or Zip. Then you can add a micro SD card to upgrade the storage capacity. The Sansas have sound quality comparable to iPhones and iPods.

Then sell your Superlux and get better headphones (or return them if you still have the packaging). This would give you a better sound upgrade than spending $150 on a DAP.

you think so? If I were to do that, what headphones should I buy then?

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #6 of 19
I can't advise you easily on what would be an upgrade over the Superlux sound because I haven't heard them. But yes. You would be able to get something that sounds a good bit better for $125 to $150. Stick to headphones with lower impedance, and the Sansa Clip or Zip will drive them very well.

What I would suggest is starting a new thread that says something like "Upgrade over Superlux for $125 to $150." Then describe what you would like and don't like about the Superlux and what genres of music you like to listen to Say that you will be getting a Sansa Clip or Zip. This will attract people that know the Superlux.

Apr 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #7 of 19
I can't advise you easily on what would be an upgrade over the Superlux sound because I haven't heard them. But yes. You would be able to get something that sounds a good bit better for $125 to $150. Stick to headphones with lower impedance, and the Sansa Clip or Zip will drive them very well.

What I would suggest is starting a new thread that says something like "Upgrade over Superlux for $125 to $150." Then describe what you would like and don't like about the Superlux and what genres of music you like to listen to Say that you will be getting a Sansa Clip or Zip. This will attract people that know the Superlux.

well if that's the case, then probably I'll just stick with my cans for a while. It's only been 2 months since I bought them. Disregarding that fact, will the Sanza Clip still be the best DAP for my price range?

Apr 12, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #9 of 19
If you've had your headphones for 2 months, you wouldn't be able to return them. Like ProtegeManiac said, you won't do better than the Sansa Clip or Zip with your budget. Save your money for your next headphone upgrade, or upgrade your computer sound if you find the Sansa betters that.

Apr 12, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #11 of 19
Price is supposed to be $100. But I wouldn't hold my breath on waiting for the X1. FiiO is still refining the design and current ETA is August. That's a long ways away when a product is still under development. Could be a good bit longer.

Apr 12, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #12 of 19
If you've had your headphones for 2 months, you wouldn't be able to return them. Like ProtegeManiac said, you won't do better than the Sansa Clip or Zip with your budget. Save your money for your next headphone upgrade, or upgrade your computer sound if you find the Sansa betters that.

so the best route here is to buy Sansa Clip/Zip, then use the remaining money to buy an upgrade. Or maybe an amp would do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back