A good dac for smartphone ? (less then 50$/€)
Jan 15, 2021 at 2:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Tutov007

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm looking for a dac to be used with my smartphone and headphones (cca c16).
I have in mind the Shanling UA1 and the Ibasso dc03, however I don't want to use any application to control the volume and I want to be able to use the pause button of my headphones.

What is your opinion about this, do you have any good recommendations ?

Thanks you. :)

Jan 15, 2021 at 2:53 AM Post #2 of 9
U can read about the Tempotec Sonata HD PRO. It has volume controls (though not that many volume steps as from controlling it on the phone).

Very clean background, excellent measurements, neutralish with a tinge of warmth. Very low output impedance and doesn't have hiss/clicks and doesn't get warm. U will need to activate bit perfect USB mode or something on your phone but u can download a free app like Hiby Music App to allow this.

It cannot drive very power hungry headphones or stuff like planars, but for most IEMs (like CCA C16) it will do a very good job. Don't get the non Pro version, that is outdated, get the PRO version.

Jan 15, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #3 of 9
Hello,

I'm looking for a dac to be used with my smartphone and headphones (cca c16).
I have in mind the Shanling UA1 and the Ibasso dc03, however I don't want to use any application to control the volume and I want to be able to use the pause button of my headphones.

What is your opinion about this, do you have any good recommendations ?

Thanks you. :)

Ibasso DC03 is the way to go. You won't regret, the tonal value is way above the class of e1da and cobalt butterflies

Jan 15, 2021 at 7:00 AM Post #5 of 9
U can read about the Tempotec Sonata HD PRO. It has volume controls (though not that many volume steps as from controlling it on the phone).

Very clean background, excellent measurements, neutralish with a tinge of warmth. Very low output impedance and doesn't have hiss/clicks and doesn't get warm. U will need to activate bit perfect USB mode or something on your phone but u can download a free app like Hiby Music App to allow this.

It cannot drive very power hungry headphones or stuff like planars, but for most IEMs (like CCA C16) it will do a very good job. Don't get the non Pro version, that is outdated, get the PRO version.

Interesting one, Can I use the pause button of my headphones ?
I really don't want to use any app, it seems that to activate bit perfect mode you need an otg cable or something, is there any dac "plug and ready" ?
The pro version is in stock and actually cheap that's nice, thanks you.

Jan 15, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #8 of 9
Interesting one, Can I use the pause button of my headphones ?
I really don't want to use any app, it seems that to activate bit perfect mode you need an otg cable or something, is there any dac "plug and ready" ?
The pro version is in stock and actually cheap that's nice, thanks you.

U can ask the rest in this thread for other suggestions: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/usb-c-to-3-5mm-adapters-dac-lets-find-the-best.908839/

The Tempotec Sonata HD Pro comes in both a android or a apple version, so just choose whichever is compatible with your phone. But please ask the rest, as I read there's some older android models which perhaps may not be compatible with it. U will probably need to bypass your phone's DAC so u do need to activate the OTG on your phone to bypass it.

Jan 15, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #9 of 9
U can ask the rest in this thread for other suggestions: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/usb-c-to-3-5mm-adapters-dac-lets-find-the-best.908839/

The Tempotec Sonata HD Pro comes in both a android or a apple version, so just choose whichever is compatible with your phone. But please ask the rest, as I read there's some older android models which perhaps may not be compatible with it. U will probably need to bypass your phone's DAC so u do need to activate the OTG on your phone to bypass it.

Thanks you, I'll ask there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back