A Good Compliment to my X5???
May 24, 2007 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Novacane

Head-Fier
I have had my iAudio X5 for over a year and it never tires me out. I have been using a Sennheiser PX100 with it for the whole duration, but recently I have decided to upgrade. What would be a nice, portable headphone/earphone/in-ear headphone that is around $100 in price? I was thinking about the shure e2 or the shure e3. Is there a huge difference between the e2s and the e3s?

May 25, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #2 of 3
I'm not sure sonically since I have never heard them both at the same time before, but appearance wise, the Shure e3c is shaped as a L while the Shure e2c is like a wannabe mold for your ear. I recommend the e2c over the e3c, because you can Kramer mod the e2cs to sound even better than the e3c, costs less as well. If you want headphones, give the Audio Technica ATH-ES7s a try. People rave about them nowadays.

Edit: I used to own the e3cs, and paired with the Cowon A2, they didn't sound too great. They were too analytical for my tastes...yet I love the UM1s...weird.

May 25, 2007 at 10:25 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Novacane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have had my iAudio X5 for over a year and it never tires me out. I have been using a Sennheiser PX100 with it for the whole duration, but recently I have decided to upgrade. What would be a nice, portable headphone/earphone/in-ear headphone that is around $100 in price? I was thinking about the shure e2 or the shure e3. Is there a huge difference between the e2s and the e3s?

Before you do anything, you must buy koss ksc-75!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back