A good cdplayer with balanced outputs? say <$500..
Nov 5, 2005 at 6:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

sango

100+ Head-Fier
anyone know any?
smily_headphones1.gif
i'm gonna plug it into a Stax SR-006t.

Nov 6, 2005 at 12:25 AM Post #3 of 16
Hi

You might be able to import the Jungson moon harbour cd player for that price, which is a good cdp. Your best bet would be importing a chinese cdp.

Regards

Nov 6, 2005 at 12:40 PM Post #6 of 16
Oops! didn't see that. This dac can be purchased for 550 euro, and if you already have a DVD or CD player with digital out, you are not that far away.

Nov 6, 2005 at 1:50 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
Except most decent DAC's with balanced ouputs are over his budget.

DEQ2496 is in his budget and is a pretty decent dac with balanced xlr out

Nov 6, 2005 at 1:50 PM Post #8 of 16
Where to you get the AQVOX for 550? I assume you mean used?
blink.gif
Nevertheless, I was also to suggest going this road, it is more cost effective unless you find a used high end CDP at a very good price.

Nov 6, 2005 at 2:27 PM Post #9 of 16
I bought it from Meier new, together with a corda HA2SE from his last jubileum sale, and a DT880. They are still out there, somewhere in the hands of the mailmen.

Nov 6, 2005 at 2:35 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by fjf
I bought it from Meier new, together with a corda HA2SE from his last jubileum sale, and a DT880. They are still out there, somewhere in the hands of the mailmen.

36_2_18.gif

blink.gif
I see people do buy these smileys after all
very_evil_smiley.gif

BTW, depending on your present setup you may be underexcited by the AQVOX. To my ears it is not a "WOW"-DAC. Which is a very good thing.

Nov 6, 2005 at 2:41 PM Post #11 of 16
Underexited?? Wow, let me get the dictionnary!!
smily_headphones1.gif

My present setup is just an AV710 soundcard with the etys 4R-S, so I expect an improvement. What's your opinion on this DAC?. I've read good things abut it in this forum.

Nov 6, 2005 at 2:45 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by fjf
Underexited?? Wow, let me get the dictionnary!!
smily_headphones1.gif

*argh* Well, I did not want to say "underwhelmed" since that would be negative.

Nov 6, 2005 at 9:18 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by flecom
DEQ2496 is in his budget and is a pretty decent dac with balanced xlr out

tell me more about this DAC..
btw i'm a newbie so i must ask. Can i connect any dvdplyer with an optical out to this and then use the balanced outputs to the amp and get the same quality as a "standalone" cdp like the Jungson moon harbour mentioned earlier in this thread?

"The DEQ2496 also boasts balanced inputs and servo balanced outputs with gold-plated XLR connectors". What do they mean by "servo balanced"?

It looks quiet nice and is pretty cheap. If it sounds good with a dvdplayer i'll get it..
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2005 at 9:29 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by fjf
You mean it is not exciting?. This may or may not be bad. What do you mean?.

I mean that it is a very good unit, but to me it has no superficially impressive qualities. Compared to say a bose system you take home from the impressive showroom setup just to find out how much it truly sucks over time, the AQVOX is a unit that shows its qualities over time but may not "wow" you instantly. It may wow you later when you go back & compare to what you had before. Of course this *really really* depends upon where you're coming from, sourcewise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back