A good analytical DAP...
Jul 14, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #17 of 22
The problem mentioned in the previous page is this one :
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44499
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62192

and you may find several topics on this problem. I've experienced it with my Clip+. As I see it, it's not an issue which affects a large percentage of the devices (hopefully). But it's really annoying.
That's why I think I'll take Cowon which provides devices with strong build quality.

I'll go for a J3.
PCM players (I've seen one made by Sony) are interesting to me but it will be purchased when I'll have time to rip all my CD collection in another format.

Jul 17, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #19 of 22
I bought a J3 with my Hifiman Re0 and I also bought a AKG DJ518.

I'm happy with it.The sound with the flat EQ is clean maybe a little less crisper than the Clip+, but more powerful so It's nice.
I tried the EQ presets which are funny, but I don' t use them a lot.
I've found an old Ipod Nano 1st generation rockboxed and it sounds nice too, with good headphones it shows its true value.
I'm really glad. I think I'll enjoy those for a while and then upgrade to reach another sound quality level.
that's really nice :)

Jul 17, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #20 of 22

Quote:
I bought a J3 with my Hifiman Re0 and I also bought a AKG DJ518.

I'm happy with it.The sound with the flat EQ is clean maybe a little less crisper than the Clip+, but more powerful so It's nice.
I tried the EQ presets which are funny, but I don' t use them a lot.
I've found an old Ipod Nano 1st generation rockboxed and it sounds nice too, with good headphones it shows its true value.
I'm really glad. I think I'll enjoy those for a while and then upgrade to reach another sound quality level.
that's really nice :)

You really should try learning to use the EQ. Increasing BBE setting increases oversampling I believe. Try increasing the mids at the same time as you increase the BBE setting. Also, try Mach3bass for some more impact.

Congrats on your purchase and have fun!

Jul 17, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #21 of 22
Thank you :)

The fact is I like neutral/analytical sound so EQ are fun for some hip-hop/dancehall/house songs, but I globally prefer neutral, that's why I don't use presets a  lot. But I must admit they are realy well set and add a lot of musical fun to the listening experience (IMHO).
And I'm glad to know I'll be able to have some basshead presets (among others) if I want to :p

Jul 17, 2011 at 6:03 AM Post #22 of 22

Quote:
Thank you :)

The fact is I like neutral/analytical sound so EQ are fun for some hip-hop/dancehall/house songs, but I globally prefer neutral, that's why I don't use presets a  lot. But I must admit they are realy well set and add a lot of musical fun to the listening experience (IMHO).
And I'm glad to know I'll be able to have some basshead presets (among others) if I want to :p

I used the EQ on my Monster Turbine Pro Golds that were much warmer than neutral to attain a more neutral sound sometimes, but I generally just use the EQ however I like. It's a really clean sounding EQ and it'll be there whenever you feel like playing around with something =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back