a good amp for my sennh hd595??
Jan 10, 2006 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Blasyrkh

100+ Head-Fier
hi, i'm thinking of buying a dedicated amp for my sennh hd595 and soon a bd dt880 (or maybe something better).

i want to spend about 300-400$ for it, and it should be a tube amp...not a transistor one. i'll use it only for music (metal, blues, jazz)...any suggestions?
please if you can tell me where to buy at the least cost possible, and from a shop that ships to italy. thank you

P.S. what do you think about the sennh LUCAS for movie watching?

Jan 10, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #2 of 18
X-can V3 is in the price range

Jan 10, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #3 of 18
I'm loving it with Earmax Pro Ann. Ed. these days.
You can get an Earmax Pro for that price used, even for less. A new one will cost you a bit more, I think.
I'd suggest any warm tube amp.

Good luck.

Jan 11, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #5 of 18
Millet Hybrid.
icon10.gif

Jan 11, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blasyrkh
too expensive
biggrin.gif

but headroom amps do really value their costs???

Only $225 at rockhopperaudio.
Or contact MisterX. Should be a tad cheaper for the DIY option and IMO MisterXs work is more visually appealing.

Jan 11, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilgnome
Only $225 at rockhopperaudio.
Or contact MisterX. Should be a tad cheaper for the DIY option and IMO MisterXs work is more visually appealing.

only 225$??? why 650 on headroom? :|

does this misterX have a internet web page?
thanks

Jan 11, 2006 at 10:32 AM Post #11 of 18
If you look down at my sig, the first amp mentioned is supposed to be perfect with Senns (I'm going to know for certain in few days now, since it's about to land).

Jan 11, 2006 at 12:54 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

The Headroom is a special version with their own electronics, modules, etc. The Rockhopper Audio is a "standard" Millet.

Quote:

the m3 is the same on rockhopperaudio?
it seems not to be a tube amp

Correct... the Millet Hybrid and M3 are two different amps (one tube, one solid state).

Jan 11, 2006 at 1:01 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

They are vastly different amps that share the same heritage. Kind of like an Acura NSX is still a Honda at heart but a Civic it is not. That's no slight on either Rockhopper or other DIY Milletts, they just aren't in the same league as Headroom's amp - just do a search and you'll find my review. I have a bit of experience with Milletts
biggrin.gif

Best of luck,

Nate

Jan 11, 2006 at 1:07 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
The Headroom is a special version with their own electronics, modules, etc. The Rockhopper Audio is a "standard" Millet.

Correct... the Millet Hybrid and M3 are two different amps (one tube, one solid state).

I wouldn't necessarily call the Millet Hybrid a pure tube amp. It is a hybrid (Tube for gain, the SS component is for the output).

Jan 11, 2006 at 1:16 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23
I wouldn't necessarily call the Millet Hybrid a pure tube amp. It is a hybrid (Tube for gain, the SS component is for the output).

Right... that's why it's called the Millet Hybrid.

Man, we debate some nitpicky stuff around here...
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back