A Good Amp for Grado?
Feb 19, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #2 of 17

You won't find any miracles at under 50 quid I'm afraid - the first suggestion will be Fiio - namely the
 E7 (Dac and amp), E6 and E11 - I find the warm signature and slight muddiness tends to do no favors
 to the crisp sound of these cans.

They should sound ok out of a decent receiver or amp headphone out from your system as for portable
 - get a Cowan.

Feb 19, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #4 of 17

Quote:
Thanks :) Just one thing does cowon support lossless music format? if so does all of them?
Thanks

Yep supports most - OGG, FLAC included

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #9 of 17

Quote:
Thanks guys, one last thing, do some amps cause loss to sound quality in areas? If so can someone recommend a good headphone amp which does not lose quality when plugged into an ipod. thanks

Best portable amps for clarity and a nice crispy sound that does not dilute the great Grado sound - 

Ray Samuels P-51 (second hand) or Furutech ADL Cruise (second hand)

Not exactly dirt cheap - but you won't be disappointed. They're keepers.

Feb 22, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #11 of 17
If you are looking to spend more, I'd highly recommend the UHA-4 w/ OPA209. Very clean/clear, and a fantastic pairing with my MS1is (and I assume with my incoming Magnums), digital volume control, decent DAC...

Feb 24, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #14 of 17
My LD1+ did much more for my grado's than my e10, that being said it's a bit more than your price range but you can find used one's for around 60 or 70 pounds. 

Feb 24, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #15 of 17

Quote:
If you are looking to spend more, I'd highly recommend the UHA-4 w/ OPA209. Very clean/clear, and a fantastic pairing with my MS1is (and I assume with my incoming Magnums), digital volume control, decent DAC...

what shells do you plan on using for your magnums? are you going to make them yourself (weld the magnums I mean)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back