a gift for a brother... so important.
Jun 6, 2005 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Dragonmilenario

100+ Head-Fier
hello, i´m from spain and i want to give an audiophile headphone to my brother for his birth...

the question is that i like the sennheisser HD650 but i think that the 300 ohm is too much, because it uses a HiFi system but also a portable player -with 20 mW per channel- and he dont have an external amp for the portable...

the question is if the out of a portable with 20 mw per channel is significatively audible for the HD650...

if not, i can buy the HD595 with less impedance. bud the price is not the reason, really i want to buy the 650´s.

i dont want to buy a amplifier for portable.

and ther thing, my brother have today the antiquee k100 bt AKG... the two -HD650/595- upgrades this right?

thanks... i need a response as fast as possibly

Jun 6, 2005 at 6:33 PM Post #2 of 7
If he has AKG headphones currently and likes the sound you may want to consider the K271 Studio since it should be able to be powered decently by whatever portable he is using and since they are closed they will not leak that much sound. An amp will allow him to hear them at their best, but is not immediatly necissary and can be a future upgrade.

Jun 6, 2005 at 7:03 PM Post #3 of 7
What kind of music does he listen to? What are his tastes? Does he like an open spatial sound, heavy bass, forward presentation or something more relaxed and laid back?

Do you know?

IMHO an HD650 is purely a waste unless you have the source, amp and cables to do it justice. Without the right supporting equipment an HD580 is better... IMHO, but then again, an MS2(i) or K240s would be better than that.

Garrett

Jun 6, 2005 at 7:19 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
What kind of music does he listen to? What are his tastes? Does he like an open spatial sound, heavy bass, forward presentation or something more relaxed and laid back?

Do you know?

IMHO an HD650 is purely a waste unless you have the source, amp and cables to do it justice. Without the right supporting equipment an HD580 is better... IMHO, but then again, an MS2(i) or K240s would be better than that.

Garrett

He has and Onkyo HiFi and an M3 -he wants to buy a X5 nearly- and likes indie music -like Morrissey, Belle and Sebastian- something like pop-rock music.

With the original cable and with no amp for portable is a real waste of money the HD650? and how about the HD595? the AkG´s studio will sounds better for this specification?

Jun 6, 2005 at 7:31 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonmilenario
likes indie music, Morrissey, Belle and Sebastian, etc.

The K271 Studio sounds great with this type of music.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back