A gamer reddy for some big boy headpones...
Jan 9, 2015 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Gargie396

New Head-Fier
Hello any and all,what a grate site you have here especially for those of us that are lacking in the headphone/audio knowledge department.
Now with that causal into out of the way...Im looking for some headphones to replace my crappy A40s (kind of upset that I go suckered into buying them).
What do you all recommend?

-Ill be placing an Antlion mic on them (if that matters)
-My price range is $100-$250 I want something nice but no so nice that if i break it,it wont be a total loss (I managed to milk these Astros for 3 years longer then I thought i could bought them back in '08 so im not that bad with my stuff).
-Preferably closed
-over ear
-They'll be my olny headset used for music,gaming,watching "tv"/movies/videos but if those criteria cant be met on my budget Id like them to sound good at least for music and gaming.
I dont know what other details are necessary to make an accurate suggestion,so please ask.

~Thank you

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #2 of 3
For gaming i would really suggest open backs.
I know comfort is important for gaming, at least it is for me.
Would you be open to getting an amp if the headphones AND amp (or soundcard etc) together fit within your budget?
for the money i cant suggest the DT990 250 enough for a combination of music/tv/gaming

Just out of interest what types of game will you be playing?

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #3 of 3
Hey Cakensaur,Yeah Id be willing to get an amp/SC so long as its in budget.Iv just heard of people using them with their headphones but i haven't looked into them any further then that,well that is to say I have experience with Astro's little "Mixamp" (broke a loooong time ago) that came with the a 40's but that's it.

As for the types of games I play its mostly Raceing both sim and arcade,3rd and 1st person shooter and lastly adventure,rpg,openworld games,So I guess if you could sum it up by genera it would be Action. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back