A foray into the world of vinyl
Jan 16, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #61 of 66
The only problem with the JA Michell Technoarm on a Technics 1200 is it's longer tail stub.It will interfere with the dust cover when you try to close it.Otherwise it will work fine.All Rega and Origin Live models should fit correctly.The Brit Audio modified Rega 250,(USA located),has a slightly longer tail stub that I think will fit under the Technics dust cover but check to make sure.

Jan 17, 2008 at 2:45 PM Post #62 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by memepool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I were to be patriotic then it would be Guinness rather than ale or if it had to be budweiser then I'd rather the original Czech one
tongue.gif

British turntables do seem very popular in the USA in spite of the current prohibitive exchange rate but over here there has been a reaction in the press of late to their fomer jingoism and now they do admit that other turntables besides the Linn Sondek might actually be worthwhile...

OK,now were" turning the table" to another subject.The Czech BUD came out about 20 years after Mr.Busch,if I am not wrong , who came from Bavaria ,started his brewery in Missouri.You are right,it is said that the Czech BUDWEISER is the "Beer of KINGS" as far as taste goes.I found out Anheiser Bucsh does not even use the original recipe of the old" American Budweiser"They use alot of rice,and Germans don't use rice to make beer.That started after prohibition I heard.The Czech BUD beers real name is called Budwieser Budvar, if my memorys right. That Guinness will make you fat as a hog if you have a slow metaboisam,but it is a good one and very heavy.Now back to turntables,I posted a question on the "Bayonet tone arm thread".Can you take a look? Thanks LL

Jan 17, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #63 of 66
Ok. I'm considering a full out modified Technics by KABUSA. Is there a better option? Anyone else tried one of these modified Technics by KAB?

What's the ultimate modified Technics?

Jan 18, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #64 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok. I'm considering a full out modified Technics by KABUSA. Is there a better option? Anyone else tried one of these modified Technics by KAB?

What's the ultimate modified Technics?

I bought my turntable from KABUSA. I ordered all of the nontonearm upgrades from them and lived with the stock tonearm for a fairly short time.I then ordered the Technics armboard from Origin Live and mounted an Origin Live Silver tonearm I acquired from ebay.The best single upgrade from KABUSA is the power supply which will improve the sound stage.The threaded record clamp is also very nice.All of the Origin Live tonearms are considered a good value for what you get.The Encounter model is regarded as the best bang workhorse of the entire line if you are willing to spend that much but their OL1 with all of the upgrades should take you far beyond a fully modified KABUSA Technics tonearm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back