A flagship audio player annouced featuring a classical design-Oriolus DPS-L2
Mar 20, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #32 of 97
I also have fond memories of the period when I carried a walkman with me everywhere and listened mostly to INXS, good Funk ...
This retro design has power, and state-of-the-art technology with modern features would nicely round out the whole experience.
I look forward to the first impressions of listening

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #33 of 97
I was planning on getting an orioulus BA300S but not anymore for pirates. Guaranteed a big flop
Pirates? Do you have reliable information that Oriolus did not contact Sony? And if they didn't, why would that spoil my personal experience.
I have no reason to stand in defense of Oriolus, I just want to come to facts that are based on reality and that are essential to an enhanced listening experience.
I don't want to affect your system of eliminating the products you buy, after all, our satisfaction is the most important and nothing should bother it.
R 10 is a specific product, unit, and its re-release after so many years should be in the range of Senn HE 1. (sound)
The Sony Walkman had many different models,and the look of this Oriolus DAP is a reminder of the era when portable devices were created
Oriolus makes quality products, if the DPS-L2 drive satisfies, for me, it is a successful product
These are my conclusions. I would like this thread to be developed more on device analysis, and less on criticism under assumptions.
Although I know, it won’t happen

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2021 at 6:23 AM Post #34 of 97
The better question to ask is how much would it have cost if they did not want to go with the walkman finish. Are we paying for hardware that needed to make it sound good, or are we paying for a fancy retro finish which is probably not simple to manufacter.

Mar 20, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #35 of 97
The better question to ask is how much would it have cost if they did not want to go with the walkman finish. Are we paying for hardware that needed to make it sound good, or are we paying for a fancy retro finish which is probably not simple to manufacter.
I hope that it will remain consistent with its high quality, and that it will be above the competition in that price range.
We have to wait for the first few reviews.
If they don't, it will be their big minus

Mar 20, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #36 of 97
Either way, at this very serious price, most potential customers won’t want something that looks like a novelty item.

Mar 20, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #37 of 97
Oh wow... They'd have a killer but the PRICE

Mar 20, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #38 of 97
Love the look but afraid of the price tag.

Mar 20, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #40 of 97
I started to ponder about why it cost $2,199 and could be due to the housing being the real deal? The housing is probably from Sony themselves and Sony could only supply up to 999 of them or Oriolus could only afford up to 999. That's a large part of the costs, I guess.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #41 of 97
Frankly, it reminds me of this:

54B1E6C5-0A87-40AD-8EEB-F5CCCD2D705D.jpeg

Mar 20, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #42 of 97
Or this:
19AB9511-C344-46DD-9FDB-EAF6BB163D81.jpeg

Mar 20, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #43 of 97
Just get a TOTL DAP and a WM-D6C to go with it...

😀

Mar 20, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #45 of 97
Cheryl Goodman
Head of Corporate Communications
SELPR@Sony.com
Here is the contacy I found you can reach to confirm the doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back