A few Squeezebox questions
Jan 26, 2012 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Quake1028

Previously known as Gloomfire.
I live with my fiancee, and we only have 1 laptop between us (I have a custom built PC but it is at my mom's house currently, no room for it). Anyway, I have subscriptions to both Spotify and MOG, but hardly get to use them while I'm home because she needs the laptop for Grad School work. So I was thinking about getting a Squeezebox. Any reason why I shouldn't? Also, what would be the best way to integrate it into my current headphone rig (see below)? (I'm assuming I can just go 3.5mm to RCA into the EF2A?)

Thanks for any thoughts.

Jan 27, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #2 of 5
No reason not to.

It's fairly priced, works well with MOG/Spotify plus all the other radio stations (local, international, webstreams), integrates well with Podcasts plus all the music stored on your network.

I love my Classic which I was going to sell but kept it due to how useful it is.

Best way to hook it up to your amp is RCA out of the SB into your RCA input on the amp. Simple.

The SB Touch has a USB connection but I think it's just for reading drives to play music off of, I don't know if it'll power your amp. You might want to double check on that though.

Jan 27, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the info. I was under the impression that the base Squeezebox model just has a 3.5MM out, not RCA.

Jan 27, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #4 of 5
I have a Squeezebox and it has 3.5mm, RCA, Optical, and Coaxial outputs, but it looks like most of the new models have speakers (why?) and the ones without are more expensive.

I would probably hit up ebay for an older one like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Squeezebox-Wi-Fi-Internet-Radio-Wireless-Music-Player-/200703485043?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebadc2473

Jan 27, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I was under the impression that the base Squeezebox model just has a 3.5MM out, not RCA.

Ahh I just assumed you meant the Touch, not the Radio.

Are you planning on using it just with your headphone/amp?  The radio doesn't sound too bad if you're listening very close but I'd second The8thst's recommendation of looking for a Classic/V3 model then adding some external speakers if you want to fill up a room with sound.  A Classic model with a small T-amp plus some bookshelves will sound MUCH better than the radios small speakers and not cost much more than the price of the radio itself. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back