A few questions about the Sony MDR-1RBT
Aug 7, 2013 at 1:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

clop45

New Head-Fier
Hi Head-Fi,

I am thinking about buying the Sony MDR-1RBT's (I am willing to pay more for the Bluetooth version of this headphone because of the convenience it will provide me) but I have a few questions. I mostly listen to music like Deep House and Garage so I like bass.
  1. The MDR1-BT's come with an optional cord. How does the sound with the cord compare to the original MDR-1R? Is it the same? I know that bluetooth compresses the sound, but with the cord will that happen? I'm just planning on using the bluetooth when I'm out and pop in the cord when I'm at home.
  2. I previously owned the Sony MDRV6's but they finally gave in and broke because of the cord and that's one big reason I want to get the bluetooth version of the MDR-1R. How do the MDR-1R's sound compare to the MDRV6?
  3. I'm a producer and I used the MDRV6 as monitoring cans. Can the MDR-1R's be used for that purpose as well, or am I better off repairing my MDRV6's and using those?

Aug 7, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hi Head-Fi,

I am thinking about buying the Sony MDR-1RBT's (I am willing to pay more for the Bluetooth version of this headphone because of the convenience it will provide me) but I have a few questions. I mostly listen to music like Deep House and Garage so I like bass.
  1. The MDR1-BT's come with an optional cord. How does the sound with the cord compare to the original MDR-1R? Is it the same? I know that bluetooth compresses the sound, but with the cord will that happen? I'm just planning on using the bluetooth when I'm out and pop in the cord when I'm at home.
  2. I previously owned the Sony MDRV6's but they finally gave in and broke because of the cord and that's one big reason I want to get the bluetooth version of the MDR-1R. How do the MDR-1R's sound compare to the MDRV6?
  3. I'm a producer and I used the MDRV6 as monitoring cans. Can the MDR-1R's be used for that purpose as well, or am I better off repairing my MDRV6's and using those?

• Using the cord does not compress the sound, as the sound is sent straight through the wire into your headphones. The sound signature is the same with both the original 1R and the 1R-NC.
  • The V6 is a sutio headphones with a slight bass boost. The 1R is not a monitoring headphone and sounds more colored and/or fun.
  • As stated above, teh 1R is not a monitroing headphones, but the V6 is. You're better off buying a new V6 as it still comes for rather cheap. You don't really need to repair it IMHO. But should you choose to use the BT fuction, I say go for it. Of course, the 1R wouldn't sound as analytical, but it might still be usable.
Good luck!

Aug 7, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
  • Using the cord does not compress the sound, as the sound is sent straight through the wire into your headphones. The sound signature is the same with both the original 1R and the 1R-NC.

Only in passive/cord mode, the BT version is by far the worse sounding out of the three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back