A Few Questions About Sony MP3 Players
Sep 20, 2011 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Centropolis

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking to buy a Sony MP3 player mainly because of it's not too bad SQ and long battery life.  But I have a few questions about them.

1) The stated 50 hours of audio playing time is based on 128k encoding.  I know that higher bitrates will lower the battery life for sure but does anyone know by how much?  Let's say 320k.

2) Are there SQ differences between the E-series and the S-series for the current (or recent) models?  Do they use the same chips?

3) I don't think Sony has digital out option.  How is the headphone amp inside the Sonys compared to the iPods (in general)?

4) Would you choose the Sonys over a Clip+ or Fuze+ solely looking at SQ?

Thanks in advance for any feedbacks.

Sep 24, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #2 of 3
I'd like to know too 
etysmile.gif

Sep 24, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #3 of 3

1. Not 
Quote:
I am looking to buy a Sony MP3 player mainly because of it's not too bad SQ and long battery life.  But I have a few questions about them.

1) The stated 50 hours of audio playing time is based on 128k encoding.  I know that higher bitrates will lower the battery life for sure but does anyone know by how much?  Let's say 320k.

2) Are there SQ differences between the E-series and the S-series for the current (or recent) models?  Do they use the same chips?

3) I don't think Sony has digital out option.  How is the headphone amp inside the Sonys compared to the iPods (in general)?

4) Would you choose the Sonys over a Clip+ or Fuze+ solely looking at SQ?

Thanks in advance for any feedbacks.

1. Battery life should not change by more than 20%. 
2. Some people claimed E series is realy good and reaches the same level of SQ as S series, I never compared them though. 
3. It has line out capabilities via WMPort. 
4. I would choose Sony, I have had two models so far and they do not disappoint.

Just my 2c, YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back