A Few Q's regarding ER-4p/s vs ER-6i
Oct 31, 2004 at 12:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Spadge

500+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

I currently own a pair of Ety-ER-6i canalphones and am tempted to upgrade to the ER-4p's. I just have a few questions pertaining to the difference's between my ER-6i's and the ER-4p's

1) I'm quite satisfied with the amount of bass on the 6i's and am wondering how the ER-4p's compare in this area? I've read that it is much more detailed but am not sure if it is a 'strong' (for lack of a better word).

2) Also in regards to the fit... Are the 3 flange tips on the ER-4's the same as the ER-6i's? I find my ER-6i's very comfortable and easy to use and would like the same style of fit.

3) How does the soundstage compare with these two phones?

4) Anything else I should know about the differences?

Thanks
Spadge

Oct 31, 2004 at 7:57 PM Post #3 of 4
The bass on the ER4P/S should be similar or less to the ER-6i in my experience with both. When listening to the ER4P/S you really don't mind the lack of "bass" because the other dynamics make up for it. In my opinion the ER4P/S has just the right amount of bass with its mix of clear dynamics.

Oct 31, 2004 at 10:51 PM Post #4 of 4
Sounds promising.

I'm really quite satisfied with the ER-6i's... but I'd really like something with a wider soundstage.

Do the ER-4's have a wider soundstage with more depth? From reading between the lines of reviews I think it does.

Spadge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back