A few problems...
Mar 6, 2011 at 5:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TheLaw

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

On older computers, the forum seems to be painfully slow. When I scroll down the page, the hard drive goes crazy, as if it has to buffer something. There's a 1 to 2 second delay before it actually scrolls. The computer is quite fast on any other site. Maybe we could make the forums a little bit more lightweight? I should add that I am using Firefox 3.6.13 on that computer.

On my new computer, I use a browser called SRWare Iron. It is essentially Chrome, but stripped of all the stupid add-ons and junk Google slaps on it. I've tried tons of browsers and when I tell you this is the fastest, it really is. It's faster than FireFox 4 Beta, IE9, Chrome, Safari, Opera 11. All of them....

However, I cannot access the full text editor because it thinks I am using a mobile browser. Something like: "Your mobile browser does not support the full text editor". Not sure why this happens but it is a fullscale browser.

Also, this might not be your fault, but using Firefox 4 Beta, the blinking cursor does not appear in the text editor, so you have no idea where you are typing. You can also not skip lines by hitting enter. That causes FF to crash.

That's it.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back