A Few Itunes Issues, maybe you can help
Jun 28, 2006 at 2:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fishtankfish

100+ Head-Fier
I'm new with iTunes, I've been using foobar but I've started to mess with iTunes and am having complications. I'm not sure if these are common problems or not.

1. Is there a way to move the album art box?

2. When I change tag info in iTunes what tag is updating b/c it doesnt seem to be the ID3v2 or ID3v1?

3. When I added my music folder as the library some files just don't show up. i.e. I have almost every Beatles album on my pc at the moment. In iTunes only three albums showed up and then a couple random tracks from Revolver and Sgt. Peppers. Also, an entire Azure Ray album doesn't show up even when I add it manually. Yes, they are all mp3s.

4. When I delete and/or move a file/folder from my library folder is there a way for iTunes to automatically remove it from the library without me having to remove it manually? When I go to the play the file that has been moved it just says it can't be found, is there a way for iTunes to remove it automatically?

Thanks if you can help me with any of these.

Jun 28, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by fishtankfish
I'm new with iTunes, I've been using foobar but I've started to mess with iTunes and am having complications. I'm not sure if these are common problems or not.

1. Is there a way to move the album art box?

2. When I change tag info in iTunes what tag is updating b/c it doesnt seem to be the ID3v2 or ID3v1?

3. When I added my music folder as the library some files just don't show up. i.e. I have almost every Beatles album on my pc at the moment. In iTunes only three albums showed up and then a couple random tracks from Revolver and Sgt. Peppers. Also, an entire Azure Ray album doesn't show up even when I add it manually. Yes, they are all mp3s.

4. When I delete and/or move a file/folder from my library folder is there a way for iTunes to automatically remove it from the library without me having to remove it manually? When I go to the play the file that has been moved it just says it can't be found, is there a way for iTunes to remove it automatically?

Thanks if you can help me with any of these.

1. No. As you resize the iTunes window it gros proportionately, that's it.
2. Dunno.
3. I have had iTunes skip songs when I've added too many at once (this was on a slower Mac than the one I have now, may have been the problem). Try it with a few albums at a time. If songs don't show up at all, check the bitrate. iTunes doesn't like transcoded mp3s.
4. iTunes will only give you the option of deleting songs from your disk when you delete them from iTunes IF the songs reside in the iTunes Music Folder.

Hope this helps.

Jul 3, 2006 at 6:07 PM Post #5 of 5
itunes will work with either v1 or v2 id3 tags, depending on what the file has. Currently I think it generates id3v2.2 tags (I think).
However, itunes does not keep eveything in the id3 tags. Some things it keeps in its own database. I used to know what went where, but have since forgotten . . .
Edit: I'm pretty sure that itunes does not use the id3 tag for Ratings, Play Count, Play Date, Start Time and Stop Time. There might be others as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back