A Dap
Sep 16, 2017 at 6:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

swesko

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,

Looking for a DAP with wifi, bluetooth, usb audio out, running Android. I dont care about audio quality as i will be pairing with an external dac. M2s looked nice until i saw it doesnt have wifi so no streaming :/

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #2 of 6
Looking for a DAP with wifi, bluetooth, usb audio out, running Android. I dont care about audio quality as i will be pairing with an external dac. M2s looked nice until i saw it doesnt have wifi so no streaming :/

Galaxy Note 8 or S8. You don't need the DAP for its dedicated DAC, output stage, and headphone output driver chips, might as well use a phone and get WiFi, BT, USB Audio output, and Android. It'll have its own sim card so you can stream directly from it instead of to it.

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #3 of 6
Galaxy Note 8 or S8. You don't need the DAP for its dedicated DAC, output stage, and headphone output driver chips, might as well use a phone and get WiFi, BT, USB Audio output, and Android. It'll have its own sim card so you can stream directly from it instead of to it.
Thats my setup now but the battery is taking a big hit with usb audio ouy

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #4 of 6
Thats my setup now but the battery is taking a big hit with usb audio ouy

That's not going to change with a DAP other than it isn't running cellular duties. Your main problem with what you want is USB audio output, something DAPs aren't always wired for and you're paying for a thick device with a comparatively capable circuit for audio that you will just bypass, so why not just buy an older phone that is known to work via USB audio? Like a Galaxy S3. You won't use the internal amp and DAC anyway, might as well not use something thick and heavy, and use a thin device that has a smoother UI.

Sep 16, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #5 of 6
That's not going to change with a DAP other than it isn't running cellular duties. Your main problem with what you want is USB audio output, something DAPs aren't always wired for and you're paying for a thick device with a comparatively capable circuit for audio that you will just bypass, so why not just buy an older phone that is known to work via USB audio? Like a Galaxy S3. You won't use the internal amp and DAC anyway, might as well not use something thick and heavy, and use a thin device that has a smoother UI.
The thing is the android upsampling problem. I have a s4 laying around im just resetting it but i need a way to override the upsampling. Maybe change the audio.conf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back