A DAC with SM.S.L SP 200
Jul 31, 2021 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

striker333

New Head-Fier
I need to buy a new DAC .my max budget is 100$ or better less than that . I don't know if it gonna make a different I am using HD560s and my main usage for gaming . I feel like this headphone have narrow sound stage don't know if it is the can or the amp .but I tried connecting my Superlux 681 to the amp and it have much better soundstage than the HD560s and by the way I am using high gain with this amp to get higher volume I don't know why HD 560s which is 120 ohm need high gain with this amp which supposed to be powerful enough and ya the bass is not very good with this amp . I still have sound blaster z and the bass is better with it . so does DAC gonna change anything of this or I don't need one .

Aug 3, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 11
I need to buy a new DAC .my max budget is 100$ or better less than that . I don't know if it gonna make a different I am using HD560s and my main usage for gaming . I feel like this headphone have narrow sound stage don't know if it is the can or the amp .but I tried connecting my Superlux 681 to the amp and it have much better soundstage than the HD560s and by the way I am using high gain with this amp to get higher volume I don't know why HD 560s which is 120 ohm need high gain with this amp which supposed to be powerful enough and ya the bass is not very good with this amp . I still have sound blaster z and the bass is better with it . so does DAC gonna change anything of this or I don't need one .
A DAC probably won't change the sound signature of your headphones (noticeably, anyway).

Aug 3, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #6 of 11
Regarding the SP200, I always felt it had a narrow soundstage. Admired it to some degree, but ended up using other options.
Agree to some point. I wouldn't call it narrow, because I actually think it's fairly wide, but the fact is that it's very FLAT and shallow. As if everything is on one plane and right in your face.

On the plus side, it's a very clear, neutral, technical amp with good power.

It would pair well with a warmer DAC. Sorry but unfortunately I don't have a recommendation for you. Maybe something from Schiit, like the Modius, might work.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #10 of 11
Considering your main use case is gaming put the money into some headphones meant for that purpose.
Much better bang for your buck that way.
I don't know what do u mean ? do u mean the 560s is over for gaming and getting a normal gaming headphone gonna be enough . if u meant this I think yes you are right .after trying entry level audiophile I think ya for games and average using 100$$ headphone or less than that is enough even with movies and music for me I don't have super experience as I expected from 200$$ headphone and above 200$$ amp at least for me .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back