A crazy solution for glasses users to wear glasses without them touching your headphones
Jan 8, 2017 at 1:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Music Alchemist

Pokémon trainer of headphones
So today I got an AudioQuest NightHawk and quickly realized that wearing my glasses under the pads reduced the sound quality and comfort. (And was already starting to make creases in the pads.)

This is a fairly common recurrence for me with headphones in general. What I often did in the past was move the frames out from and over the pads and position them in a way that allows me to see and do things on the computer while listening to music. (I'm nearsighted.)

However, this is impossible with this headphone and some others. I ended up taking the glasses off and leaning forward to do my usual computer activities...which really killed my back.

Exasperated, I thought for a moment and concocted an ingenious mechanism:

I took the prescription eyeglass attachment from my Adidas Evil Eye sunglasses...and taped it to my face!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Now the glasses are only on my face, with nothing to even touch the headphones. All I did was cut three small pieces of tape and place them onto the bridge and the very bottom of both lenses. It can easily be taken off and put back on. I'd guess the tape would need to be replaced every day or two.

This isn't a free solution, of course. You'd have to pay to have a prescription lens of this type made. They apparently call them clip-in optical inserts. It looks like this:

2774_2.jpg

For those with glasses who are struggling with these types of headphone issues, don't want contact lenses, and don't mind looking a little ridiculous, this works!

Jan 8, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #2 of 19
Cool but couldn´t you just remove the scalms of some old pair of eye glasses you got? I got some lenses for the rift wonder if I could glue them on :D Maybe it would be enough with just one like a monokel :D For me having the scalms over work with also gigantic headphones like the HD 800, DX 1000 and LCD-2. I could use a pair of glasses and a set of 3D glasses on top of it.  I have been lucky with the Elear it´s pads are so soft it hardly makes any difference.

Jan 8, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #3 of 19
  Cool but couldn´t you just remove the scalms of some old pair of eye glasses you got? I got some lenses for the rift wonder if I could glue them on :D Maybe it would be enough with just one like a monokel :D For me having the scalms over work with also gigantic headphones like the HD 800, DX 1000 and LCD-2. I could use a pair of glasses and a set of 3D glasses on top of it.  I have been lucky with the Elear it´s pads are so soft it hardly makes any difference.

I've never even seen the word "scalm" before. Had to look it up on Google and it didn't even show me anything useful. Could you explain what you are referring to here? Anyway, I only have one pair of proper glasses at the moment.

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #4 of 19
I think it was a word I googled looking for the english word for the frame that keeps the glasses in place over the ear but it was the wrong one I got I suppose. 

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #6 of 19
  I think it was a word I googled looking for the english word for the frame that keeps the glasses in place over the ear but it was the wrong one I got I suppose. 

Ah, so you just meant the frames.

Yes, if you can and are willing to take the frames off of a pair of glasses, that could work as well...but the type of lens attachment I use is soft and plastic-like, so it's lighter and more comfortable.

I'm sure there are better solutions than using simple tape as well, but it's good enough for me.

Morpheus approves.
biggrin.gif

6ce7fd91_morpheus.png

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #9 of 19
Ah, so you just meant the frames.

Yes, if you can and are willing to take the frames off of a pair of glasses, that could work as well...but the type of lens attachment I use is soft and plastic-like, so it's lighter and more comfortable.

I'm sure there are better solutions than using simple tape as well, but it's good enough for me.

6ce7fd91_morpheus.png

Whoa. So I could get a Morpheus-style upgrade that clips to my nose!

It seems they're still selling them :D

http://www.matrixeyewear.com/buy_morpheus_sunglasses.html

$50 lol. I guess they're of better quality compared from the cheapo ones in Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back