A couple questions regarding the beyerdynamic dt 150's and Denon AH-D2000's?
Jan 30, 2012 at 11:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Deltron 3030

100+ Head-Fier
1. To the people with Beyers, do the mids/vocals sound unnatural or overly analytical?

2. Has anyone with the D2000's had problems with the screws and have they fixed issues with it?

3. Does anyone with the beyer's listen to rap like Rakim, Wu tang clan, ATCQ, ect and would they be your first choice for this type of music?

4. Are the beyer's heavy enough to be uncomfortable?

Feb 3, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #7 of 12
The Beyers do sound like closed headphones, but that is their only real sonic flaw. The mids are surprisingly good for such bassy headphones, and they have bright treble without being harsh or cold.

I don't find the DT190 particularly heavy, and it has the additional weight of the microphone. They won't be quite as light as the Denons, or as comfortable, especially depending on how they fit around your ears. That said, I still believe that you would have a hard time finding better closed, fun, all-rounders anywhere near that price range. Rap isn't my genre of choice, but I bet they would acquit themselves nicely.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

Feb 3, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #8 of 12

Quote:
The Beyers do sound like closed headphones, but that is their only real sonic flaw. The mids are surprisingly good for such bassy headphones, and they have bright treble without being harsh or cold.
I don't find the DT190 particularly heavy, and it has the additional weight of the microphone. They won't be quite as light as the Denons, or as comfortable, especially depending on how they fit around your ears. That said, I still believe that you would have a hard time finding better closed, fun, all-rounders anywhere near that price range. Rap isn't my genre of choice, but I bet they would acquit themselves nicely.
Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

I agree with all this. I have both d2k and the dt150. They sound nothing alike to me. They are both good but in very different ways. It comes down to a sound signature preference. That being said, the dt150's look ridiculous. Don't try impressing the ladies those bad boys.

Feb 4, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #9 of 12
I agree with all this. I have both d2k and the dt150. They sound nothing alike to me. They are both good but in very different ways. It comes down to a sound signature preference. That being said, the dt150's look ridiculous. Don't try impressing the ladies those bad boys.

Which sound signature do you think fits the type of music I listen to more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back