A couple of questions. Dac/external amp...Ibasso... Amp volume.
Mar 21, 2019 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Confusedasever

New Head-Fier
Ibasso DX150...how do I get the digital filters to turn on ? I've tried everything, including pouring over forums. I'm sure it's simple...like me.
Second question...I'm also trying the DX150 through a tube amp (Fostex HP-V1). My question relates to volume. Using the line out from dac to tube amp, if I turn the volume up on the dac, am I correct in assuming this purely boosts the signal, and does not involve the dac integrated amp. And if this is the case , as the battery on the Fostex doesn't last as long as the Ibasso, am I correct in assuming that whacking the volume up on the Ibasso and down on the Fostex will A...give me better endurance (out of the Fostex)...and B...not give me any degradation in the sound, as all I'm doing is boosting the signal from the dac ?
I have found that the Ibasso, using amp 6, is fairly quiet. I'm definitely not one for ear damaging volumes...but find I have to turn it way up to 100 and above to get any decent volume. Running it through a Sony mdr z1r. All songs ripped via DB Poweramp in FLAC.
Finally...running amps at high volumes...ie near to their limit.....does this do any long term damage to them ? I have heard it can...it does...and it doesn't.
Thanks for reading...Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back