A couple of newbie questions
Dec 20, 2006 at 11:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tuhnu

100+ Head-Fier
My Beresford TC-7510 DAC arrived today. It came with a supposedly high quality optical cable.

1. What is the best way to connect the cable to my X-Fi XM? Do I need the Creative digital I/O module or can I use one of these? Are there any effects on the signal quality with either of these choices?

2. I may want to use speakers later. How do I connect the DAC both to my headphone amp and to my speakers at the same time? The analog outputs are named: 1. Amp 2. Rec.

Thanks!

Jan 2, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by tuhnu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do I need the Creative digital I/O module or can I use one of these?

Does not work with the mini-toslink adapter. I wonder how the optical output works with the I/O module if not with an adapter? I really need to know this: What is my best option for connecting my DAC to X-Fi XM? Please note that the I/O module costs ~28 EUR (37 USD) + shipping if I buy it from Creative's European site and I haven't found it elsewhere. Thank you.

Jan 2, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #5 of 5
For optical connection, you need that Creative I/O Module addon. IIRC, there are some other coaxial2optical converters available too but, prices are not (much) lower or are higher than it's for this Creative module. Maybe those others are hard to find from here (FI) as well.

jiitee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back