Feb 10, 2007 at 5:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mlhm5

100+ Head-Fier
First Deal:

Triplett Model 9050 Solar Powered DMM

triplettuh7.jpg

Company Flyer

Was $100+ now $14.95

Use this code - NC702 - for an additional 5% discount.

Second Deal:

OK, those of you who want to try your hand at soldering, here is a great deal. This Tenma soldering station is $15 (regularly $28.89).

21-7945.jpg

Linky

When you place your order and get to the shopping cart, put this code - S702 - in and get the solder station for the $15 price.

Feb 10, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #3 of 9
Wow, the soldering station is out of stock already. Maybe the coupon will work for backorders.

Feb 10, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by CingKrab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, the soldering station is out of stock already. Maybe the coupon will work for backorders.

When you order and put in the code at checkout the price changes to $15 (from now til 3/16).

You will get the solder station when the BO clears for $15 + SH.

Feb 11, 2007 at 12:43 AM Post #5 of 9
out of curiosity i looked up the specs for the dmm, which weren't easy to find.

It's a rechargable thing. Runs off 'supercapacitors'. solar panel is to recharge, you can also wall charge it or plug it into your car. gimmicky but reasonable.

2000 count, dc/ac volts/amps, all the way down to uA.

As $15 dmms go, it's pretty good.

Feb 11, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #7 of 9
I have that soldering station(1st one I got), and I've gotta say, it has been great so far.. No problems, and I've built 4 amps and counting with it...If you just plan on making an amp every once and a while as a more "softcore" hobby, just get this, and don't worry about the $150 temp-controlled stations

I purchased it from here:

http://www.mpja.com/Category/Solder_...N_15860_TL.asp

They have it in stock, along with several other cheap tools that work quite well

Feb 11, 2007 at 2:37 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by gates_2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have that soldering station(1st one I got), and I've gotta say, it has been great so far.. No problems, and I've built 4 amps and counting with it...If you just plan on making an amp every once and a while as a more "softcore" hobby, just get this, and don't worry about the $150 temp-controlled stations

I purchased it from here:

http://www.mpja.com/Category/Solder_...N_15860_TL.asp

They have it in stock, along with several other cheap tools that work quite well

Thanks for the link, much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back