A cool soundstage effect...
Feb 25, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #16 of 38
There is flanger/phaser stuff going on throughout practically the entire song, more obvious in some spots than others. The big woosh right at 1:38 is a filter sweep like Duggeh described. After that it seems to be a lot of the flanger or phaser, but probably also some panning or rotary effect too.

That's my guess anyways.

Feb 25, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #17 of 38
Flanger wouldve been my first guess as well, but there does seem to be additional effects added to it as well. Quite a good use of FX plugins I guess, very creative.

Wonder how many ppl actually heard these on headphones to truly appreciate the effect till you brought it up.

Feb 25, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #18 of 38
I haven't been able to play it on a really well set-up speaker system yet, but the effect definitly isn't there like it is with headphones....

Feb 25, 2008 at 6:18 AM Post #19 of 38
I listened to it on speakers first and had no idea what the heck you were talking about (the fact that it was in quicktime and had no time meter didn't help). Then I put on the headphones and holy cow, I was rather impressed.

The second time listening on speakers, however, I was further impressed. Now, the RS-1 have never been a huge soundstage type of can, but with them it simply felt like the voice was shifting back and forth between channels in a straight line going through my head. With the speakers, there was a definite smooth parabolic arc in front of me - like the singer stayed the same distance but rotated on the edge of a wheel side to side. Also an awesome effect.

Feb 25, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #20 of 38
Very cool. Does this remind anyone of a binaural effect? Obviously it can't literally be binaural, because the effect is electronically generated, rather than recorded with a binaural mic setup. But kind of similar, no...?

Jun 22, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #22 of 38
ARGH!!!!!! I read some of the comments and got all excited - just to find out it was an old post.

/me throws wet sponges at 12v.
wink.gif

~Phewl

Jun 22, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #23 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioPhewl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ARGH!!!!!! I read some of the comments and got all excited - just to find out it was an old post.

/me throws wet sponges at 12v.
wink.gif

~Phewl

no body know where to find it now?
frown.gif

Jun 22, 2008 at 8:52 AM Post #24 of 38
Jun 22, 2008 at 2:36 PM Post #25 of 38
I'll get it reuploaded when I get back in town tonight/in the morning. Good stuff though.

Jun 23, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #27 of 38
Jun 24, 2008 at 12:55 AM Post #29 of 38
I need some time to track it down, but I THINK I've heard something similar. Normally not as prolonged though, it's definitely a cool effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back