A cooking question on ingredient
Oct 15, 2006 at 9:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

JahJahBinks

Headphoneus Supremus
Last time I was at Applebee's I had this amazing sirloin with steamed brocolli. I noticed that they put some herb/spice on top the veggie and the steak. And another time I had grilled salmon at Red Lobster and they also put some of that stuff on the top, anyone know what it is? I want to get some in a supermarket.

Oct 15, 2006 at 9:30 PM Post #2 of 8
10 bucks says its MSG powder

i'm kidding?
blink.gif

Oct 15, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #4 of 8
You sure it was the same spice on both dishes?

My guess about the salmon would be dill. If it really was the same on both dishes, it could have been cilantro.

Oct 15, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #5 of 8
well, I have never tried any of the spice before so I don't know what dill or cilantro or any others taste like (I can only recall from my memory that they taste good) but I guess what I am looking here is something that brings out the flavor of salmon.

Oct 15, 2006 at 9:51 PM Post #6 of 8
For bringing out the flavour of salmon, which I vehamantly hate when people poison it with things like corriander leaves or large amounts of spice, all you need is a little butter and salt.

Although yes, dill is a pretty good accompaniment.

Oct 15, 2006 at 10:22 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
well, I have never tried any of the spice before so I don't know what dill or cilantro or any others taste like (I can only recall from my memory that they taste good) but I guess what I am looking here is something that brings out the flavor of salmon.

You won't figure out until you go back to either place and ask them. There are so many herbs, and your description of the entrees was so broad, that it would be tough to even guess at what herb you had.

Just go and ask them next time you have the dish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back