A conundrum - Amp or new Bassy IEM's
Feb 1, 2012 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

The red hope

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi'ers,

So I've had my ATH M50's for a while now and i am very pleased with them. They were my first audiophile buy - even though I've owned Bose (ahem ... in my less knowledgeable days) and Senn IEM's. It's my birthday in a few days time and in typical head-fi newbie fashion I intend to blow it on a portable rig. 

So here's the question - 

My source is a Ipod Classic 160 GB and a Macbook pro. I like the ATH M50's on both but I would like a bit more bass occasionally. Now, I have roamed these good forums and seen the hundreds of threads and read and understood the usefulness of amps for the M50's. I don't want to spend more than a 100 bucks for now, so the options are - 

Option 1 : 
New Fiio E7+ Fiio LOD : nice portable rig. And I can use the DAC for my macbook as well. I intend on upgrading at some point in the future, so the E7 won't be a complete waste. 

Option 2: 

New Fiio E5/E6 + LOD +  a sub-100 bassy IEM's that you can recommend. 
Get a new pair of IEM's for portable use and many people say with M50's E5 or E7 won't make that much difference. 

Please help me decide. Thanks !!!

Feb 1, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #2 of 4
Anyone?
frown.gif

Feb 5, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
It is lonely in here.
smile.gif

Picked up the combo offer from MP4nation - fiio e6+ l9 LOD + Brainwavz M4 for 70$.

Man I've been waiting for comments on this thread also. I just got into Amps, and I wanted to hear some input. I got the Fiio E11 and LOD with back up battery. All I can add is that I really love the way it's been working with my GR-07 V-Sonics. More power, which they could use, and perfect damping. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back