A Confused IEM Critic - 750 to JH13s
Mar 13, 2010 at 7:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

eidahl

New Head-Fier
My Ultrasone 750 recently 'broke', again, after I repaired them once myself. This time however.. I'm considering using this as an excuse to upgrade like a real headphone addict.
redface.gif

.... which leads me to head-fi.org and hours of reading through posts about HTML Code:

Code:
[left]Pro 900 -> ESW10JPN -> D7000 -> Edition 7 -> Edition 9 [color=#000080]<->[/color] Edition 8 | / \ DT990 [color=#000080]<- DT880 - AD2000 / \ T1 - W5000 ->[/color] Audeze -> HE5[/left]

============ Ahhhhhhhhhh. X_x

Somehow I managed to stumble onto a ED8 review that mentioned how he preferred the JH13 over any of his headphones. I've never owned a 'real' IEM, except for $5 earbuds, so I've just stayed away from them since I don't like the idea of sticking an object into your ear. I have to admit I'm a little cautious over how painful it would be if I accidentally upped the volume too much or something. Can I get some feedback on what the transition from full headphone to in-ears is like? Is it worth it if I just want something for home use?

Mar 13, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #2 of 5
JH13Pro shows amazing details in mids n highs with great bass extention like on some full size very high end headphones. It's portable but soundstage is big like full size headphones and they sound great out of any DAPs like iPod, iPhone and Sony Walkman.

Mar 13, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JH13Pro shows amazing details in mids n highs with great bass extention like on some full size very high end headphones. It's portable but soundstage is big like full size headphones and they sound great out of any DAPs like iPod, iPhone and Sony Walkman.

I have yet to hear anything bad about the JH13, which is pretty amazing just by itself, hah. Does the sound seem like it's coming from 'inside' your head compared to headphones or does they actually manage to fool you into thinking you're enveloped/surrounded by music like normal full headphones?

Mar 13, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by eidahl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have yet to hear anything bad about the JH13, which is pretty amazing just by itself, hah. Does the sound seem like it's coming from 'inside' your head compared to headphones or does they actually manage to fool you into thinking you're enveloped/surrounded by music like normal full headphones?

JH13Pro gives you real sense of physical soundstage which is out of head and pin point the instruments (separation, imaging and layering) most accurate way as very high end full size phones do, like Edition 9, HD800.

Mar 14, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #5 of 5
Have you even heard the JH13? You list a bunch of gear you've used in your signature, but JH13 (like many of the products you recommend to others) is strangely absent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back