A Concise View of Why The ATH-M50 is No Longer King
Jun 18, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #526 of 856
I'm tired of reading you troll around here zardak, shut up and go to bed.

Jun 18, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #527 of 856
Quote:
It certainly is a spectacle because you haven't got a foot to stand on in this case.

Quote:
Problem is you think you know, you may simply need to get off that pretentious high-horse and come down and take a closer look at what i am saying, oh no, maybe not, because your using a custom designed tube headphone amp, right? How can the FiiO E12 possibly match that... LOL.

Quote:

Hate to burst your bubble, but all the 'pretentious' headphone claims you spout about all well regarded headphones are just hot-air, plain and simple.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #528 of 856
Quote:
Save it guys, i have listened carefully to the Sennheiser HD-800 and the Grado PS 1000, yawn; you guys are in bondage to the misnomer that "You get what you pay for" LOL. I actually feel sorry for you all. Don't you people realize.
My headphone store Audiophile agent will laugh in your face if you talk to him about measurements. So tell me this... Why is the Sennheiser HD600 and 680 for example tack flat on a graph and yet they sound dark and dingy, lack bass extension, and have skewed highs and a muffled midrange?

And for the record, my Shure SHR-550 DJ sounds like vomit next to my new sub $100 headphone, as does the Audio Technica M-50, as does the the whole Sennhesier range. The truth is that Sennheiser can't manufacture headphones to save themselves. Why do so many people laud the Sennheiser HD 280, what a piece of garbage, i've listened to it many times, this world needs to get a reality check.

Come with me and do the listening test side by side with the Abyss headphone and my sub $100 headphone, then dare to talk to me about measurement tests. I know it sounds hard to believe but the listening tests have proved it, there is a dark art to designing headphones, and i dare say that clearly a lot of the end result in any headphone is by pure accident, computer designed headphones clearly do not have the answer. You tell me.

...You'll eventually tell us which sub 100 you're talking about, right?
I must know, I'm a sucker for cheap good sounding stuff. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #531 of 856
Quote:
I say he's got Sony xb500s.

Well, those sure as hell do not sound "awesome".....I hope he's got something better than that! 
smile_phones.gif

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:46 AM Post #534 of 856
Zardak,

You got the cheapest Beats, second-hand, pre-loved. army surplus, right.   Way to go....!!!!!!!

Personally, I do believe that in your case a surgical procedure is indicated.

Otoplasty is the name of your game.....

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #535 of 856
Dammit, the thread has been very entertaining.

Ok Zardak, I will come over all the way from Oz if you show me those magic headphones. If they sound ****, you pay my airfare and if not, I'll eat my hat with a side of crow.

Jun 19, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #536 of 856
You only need to fly to Melbourne Australia, not to far from you at all cober, turn the shrimp over man! It's burning man, turn it over! LOL

I'm in Richmond Melbourne dude.

I went through every headphone on the planet, ALL OF THEM, you name it i've listened to it, regardless of price, and simply couldn't find an accurate headphone with full extension of all sonic frequencies, believe me, the Holy grail can be had for $200 all-up. The FiiO E12 and this sub $100 headphone, simple, and you don't even need a line-out adapter, i'm getting this performance directly from the ubiquitous 3.5mm jack on my HTC Smartphone plugged straight into the FiiO E12. GOD STRIKE ME DEAD IF I'M LYING, this headphone is the closest thing to perfection i've ever heard, and actually, as far as i can tell it is perfect, and i understand the meaning of perfect, nothing is, but damn this sub $100 headphone sounds like God made it with His own hands, simply astonishing, no hyped frequencies, no quirks in the headphone presentation and no bias from wishful thinking, just perfect sonic balance.

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #537 of 856
Quote:
You only need to fly to Melbourne Australia, not to far from you at all cober, turn the shrimp over man! It's burning man, turn it over! LOL

I'm in Richmond Melbourne dude.

I went through every headphone on the planet, ALL OF THEM, you name it i've listened to it, regardless of price, and simply couldn't find an accurate headphone with full extension of all sonic frequencies, believe me, the Holy grail can be had for $200 all-up. The FiiO E12 and this sub $100 headphone, simple, and you don't even need a line-out adapter, i'm getting this performance directly from the ubiquitous 3.5mm jack on my HTC Smartphone plugged straight into the FiiO E12. GOD STRIKE ME DEAD IF I'M LYING, this headphone is the closest thing to perfection i've ever heard, and actually, as far as i can tell it is perfect, and i understand the meaning of perfect, nothing is, but damn this sub $100 headphone sounds like God made it with His own hands, simply astonishing, no hyped frequencies, no quirks in the headphone presentation and no bias from wishful thinking, just perfect sonic balance.

You are one funny BS-filled troll. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #539 of 856
Quote:
Is that all you can say?

Well anyway, c'mon troll, what headphones are you using, seeing as i'm full of bullsh_t.

Is that all you can come up with?
Well anyway, c'mon troll. what headphones are you using, some magical pair of sub $100 headphones that's all i can say. (maybe they are made out of 2 $50 bills)

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #540 of 856
Don't worry Zardak, I believe you!...well sorta anyways. I'm sure your sub 100 is good but it's hard to believe that it beats a planar magnet such as the abyss. Not that the Abyss is particularly excellent for the price anyways...you could probably get better SQ from those ridiculous looking electrostats from the 90s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back