A comparative REVIEW and a complete guide: ACS T2PRO & ACS T2i.
Jan 25, 2006 at 9:35 AM Post #4 of 39
Thanks a lot guys.

Jan 25, 2006 at 1:20 PM Post #6 of 39
Excellent review. I agree with your findings, although I have the T2XS which appear to differ slightly to the T2Pro, but nonetheless, I am immensely pleased with them.

Jan 25, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #7 of 39
Nice to hear you find it useful, thanks.
cool.gif

Jan 25, 2006 at 4:38 PM Post #8 of 39
Wow, what detailed review. Great job root.

Looks like these are indeed an improvement over the Sensaphonics. My main problem with those was the highs seemed to have a slight rolloff. It sounds like these have all the good qualities of the sensas but improve upon the highs.

Jan 25, 2006 at 8:23 PM Post #9 of 39
Thanks for the review, root.

How would you say they compare to the UE-10 Pros?

Jan 25, 2006 at 11:47 PM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Minimum
How would you say they compare to the UE-10 Pros?

It's pretty much accurately summarized by iamdone:

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamdone
Looks like these are indeed an improvement over the Sensaphonics. My main problem with those was the highs seemed to have a slight rolloff. It sounds like these have all the good qualities of the sensas but improve upon the highs.

I honestly can't say a wrong word about them. IEM's are great, so is the service and their professionalism. I have yet to see such a devotion from any other company.

Breakthroughs in the development of IEM’s happen almost on a daily basis now. All of these: Sensaphonics, Ultimate Ears and ACS manufacture high-end products and one cannot expect a night and day difference of improvement. I think it’s a general truth that discriminating differences are more present when one downgrades than it is in case of upgrading.

I wouldn’t like to turn it into another flamewar or something.
I will only say that I completely stopped using UE-10 Pro’s, and spend my time only with ACS’ IEM’s. They are that good. T2PRO and T2i combine great, pinpointed characteristics of UE-10 Pro’s and Sensaphonics ProPhonic 2XS and amalgamate them. Such a blending and tuning takes them even further. I wish I could have ever had a chance to listen to some HE-90 or something and compare
biggrin.gif
. All this doesn’t, however, mean that UE-10 Pro’s and 2XS are way, way behind.

And what's important- only ACS have currently such a long warranty policy for their custom IEM's. 2 years is undoubtedly great (bearing in mind that e.g. Shure have 2 years for their universal IEM's).

Jan 26, 2006 at 12:50 AM Post #11 of 39
On side note I wanted to point out that my quick listen to the shure e500 reminded me of the sensas but with better highs. This is the same description the ACS products seem to have. I'll be curious to see how they really compare.

I really like the ue10 but they seem a little dry to me and lack the bass punch and rhythm of the sensas. The sensas just lacked a little bit of highend. But that lacking highend also gave them less detail, soundstage, and seperation. When I boosted the treble, the sensas gained all those things but I would have prefered the sensas already were setup this way. Looks like ACS realised this and made the adjustment.

Jan 26, 2006 at 1:10 AM Post #12 of 39
Nice review.

Have got my repaired T2XS back from ACS now; having emailed Andy to comment on the improved sound it seems that they replaced the HF drivers during the rebuild. To my ears the highs are better than they were with the old 'sensa' driver, with a wider headstage and ever so slightly crisper detail.

Same HF driver as used in the new ACS T15, which has a better combination of high/mids detail and bass impact than I ever expected to hear from a single driver unit; with EQing (which I refuse to do other than as an experimental measure) they don't fall very far short of the T2XS sound, but that's a story for a different thread.

Jan 26, 2006 at 6:17 AM Post #13 of 39
I was already quite interesed in getting a pair of Sensa, but this really convinced me to take some T2Pro.
Hopefully in a month or two I'll be able to take them.

Jan 26, 2006 at 7:20 AM Post #14 of 39
the review is so convincing that i am now totally confused between the new T2pro and UE-10pro.

could somebody let me know how is the ease of insertion between the hard acrylic shell and the much softer 40 shore bioplast silicone? i imagine it is much easier with the hard acrylic (just a simpler twist and push)?

also how prone is the bioplast silicone to material degradation (due to age), thus effecting its ability to seal in the longer run? is it going to shrink a bit, also resulting in fitting/seal problem? is it a non-porous material (easier to clean, thus more hygienic? i have this concern because in one of the threads it was mentioned that bioplast and biopore being silimiar. biopore sounds porous to me?

i was very close to ordering my UE-10pro, now this ACS T2pro is very quickly coming up to be an IEM of choice for people who've actually heard both? should i be ordering the ACS instead of the UE-10pro?

your opinions are highly welcome.
thx

also, what's Andy's email address? i think i 'need' to talk to him pretty soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2006 at 10:18 AM Post #15 of 39
sohchu

Iv'e just got my T2i's and the sound is fantastic. Not a very precise review I accept. When Iv'e listened more I will post some more thoughts.

I have used hard acrilic (not with the UE10's) and the softer material is a little more tricky to insert but feels more comfortable to me. It seems to blend into the ear shape.

Andy's email is: andy@hearingprotection.co.uk

I am confident he will answer any questions you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back