A cheap USB DAC
Sep 1, 2013 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Mariusmssj

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I am looking for a good DAC at the price range of £40 / $60.

I got a Vintage Pioneer SA-3000 amp but there is a lot of noise being made by my current sound card in the PC(it's next to my graphics card), from what I heard USB DAC's do bit better in that area.

Would you have any suggestions for a good usb DAC in that price range?

Main usage: Gaming/Music/Movies. Speakers Yamaha NS-BP300.

Thank you

Sep 1, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #2 of 28
Audioengine D1

Sep 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #5 of 28
hey,
          product code is 100000 ua.i thik it is sold out .you can run a coaxial thru the back.its 59 usd.

se9023+te7022
                                        hifimediy.com

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #6 of 28
There's that cheap ELE Hi-Fi USB dac on e-Bay for about $18
I think it performs really well for the price
It was discussed in the discovery thread as well
Give it a shot, it's not expensive so even if you don't like it you're not going to lose much :)

Sep 2, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #7 of 28
Give it a shot, it's not expensive so even if you don't like it you're not going to lose much :)

thanks just looked it up. would it only being 16bit/48Khz will impact the performance as my current sound card does 24bit/96Khz?

Sep 2, 2013 at 2:02 AM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

ELE DAC EL-D01 DAC sells for around $15 on eBay.

Sep 2, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #10 of 28
I don't know how good your sound card is so I can't say much but it was definitely better than my stock PC as well as laptop's sound card. 

Anyway like i said, it's only $15ish.

Another option that I can think of would be the FiiO E10. 

Personally I think that $60 budget for a dac doesn't open up to very many options :S sorry if i'm not too helpful. 

Sep 2, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #11 of 28
Quote:
I don't know how good your sound card is so I can't say much but it was definitely better than my stock PC as well as laptop's sound card. 

Anyway like i said, it's only $15ish.

Another option that I can think of would be the FiiO E10. 

Personally I think that $60 budget for a dac doesn't open up to very many options :S sorry if i'm not too helpful. 

No need to say sorry, The DAC chip in my sound card is AKM 4359VF 24 bit/192 KHz.

After some looking is Muse any good? I mean this DAC.

Sep 5, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #12 of 28
Well the one that I planned to get the HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 is out of stock and seems like it will be a while since it will come back on.

I've been looking at these ones tell me what you think guys?

SMSL SD-022+ 24Bit 96kHz TE7022 USB DAC

HiFi 24bit/192khz USB DAC digital sound card CM108AH digital to analog convert

USB Audio DAC XR1075 QS7779 SRS BBE Virtual Surround Headphone Amplifier Preamp

In Case ES9023+TE7022 192K-24BIT USB DAC coaxial fiber DAC 110v or 220v

Behringer UCA202 U-Control Ultra low-latency 2 In/2 Out USB/Audio Interface

Or any other suggestions?

Sep 5, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #13 of 28
hey,
      looks like you did some homework.i am only familiar with S,M.S.L.-i have one and i love it.i have one hooked up to my deskyop and it makes my headphones sound awesome.it has a very clean and smooth flavor . i was also surprised at how much power it put out.it is also very well built.if this were a review-i would easily give it 4 stars.

Sep 5, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #14 of 28
  I am looking for a good DAC at the price range of £40 / $60.
I got a Vintage Pioneer SA-3000 amp but there is a lot of noise being made by my current sound card in the PC(it's next to my graphics card), from what I heard USB DAC's do bit better in that area.
Would you have any suggestions for a good usb DAC in that price range?
Main usage: Gaming/Music/Movies. Speakers Yamaha NS-BP300.

A USB DAC will bypass the sound card (add-on or on-board).
Usually a S/PDIF (optical or coaxial) input DAC will allow you to still use the sound card features.
What make and model motherboard?
What make and model add-on sound card?

Sep 5, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #15 of 28
  hey,
      looks like you did some homework.i am only familiar with S,M.S.L.-i have one and i love it.i have one hooked up to my deskyop and it makes my headphones sound awesome.it has a very clean and smooth flavor . i was also surprised at how much power it put out.it is also very well built.if this were a review-i would easily give it 4 stars.

I've read a lot, about the chip-sets, pre-amps so theory wise I know stuff BUT theory will not tell me how the DAC will sound. So I can only rely of peoples experiences with the DAC.

So your points goes to SMSL?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back