a CD player I can find used.....
Oct 7, 2001 at 8:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Xander

The XanMan is back!
That sounds good, has a headphone jack, and volume control, and a single disc transport, for $90 or less.

The way things are going, I'm not going to be able to buy that Denon. I see a lot of Yamaha CD players on E-bay pretty cheap, that have volume control / headphone jack, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions they can toss my way?

Also, I'm going to drive the K401s out of this thing, 120ohm, with a 94dB sensitivity.

Oct 7, 2001 at 9:06 PM Post #2 of 8
I think the TEAC low-end CDP (1120? something like that) has a headphone jack and is considered to be a solid entry-level CPD.....smooth presentation.....fairly detailed......but not a giant killer.

Fits your price range nicely, tho.

Oct 7, 2001 at 9:53 PM Post #3 of 8
Looks good to me. Seems pretty cheap, too.. I wonder if it's just because its a single disc player, or whether or not it's built cheaply, flimsy, etc...

Oct 7, 2001 at 10:36 PM Post #4 of 8
Well.....I really don't know.

Here's a nice review......

www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/teac1120_e.html

favorable, too
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2001 at 10:59 PM Post #5 of 8
check audiogon. Always lots of used CDPs there. Also, search the archives here for some guy selling a denon DMC370 for $110. A little extra, but it's probably worth it.

Oct 8, 2001 at 3:41 AM Post #6 of 8
Aw, shuddup Jon......that was MINE.......for christmas
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh well.......Xander - if you buy that Denon.....well.....I forgive you in advance.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 8, 2001 at 3:48 AM Post #7 of 8
For $90 bucks I think anything that works is a good buy. And as far as being cheaply built for $90 bucks practically everything is going to be less than fantastically built. My personal advice is SAVE. Save and buy something decent for a couple hundred.

Oct 8, 2001 at 3:53 AM Post #8 of 8
hahahah, sorry vij. Bob upstaged that other seller with his $95 shipped denon. blame joe for taking that one
wink.gif
maybe he'll give it to you for christmas.
biggrin.gif
Save save save until you can get a sony scd-333es 'cause it freaking rocks all other cd players in the $400 bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back