A busy bar...
Jul 30, 2011 at 6:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DonCarr

Head-Fier
Hey everyone, Ive just come back from the pub- and am heading out to work in abit , I have , like many of us , a phone capable of connecting to the net, its just an idea that I am throwing out there- but what about some kind of live, vocal chat room, obviously the conversation and topics would be a lot less focused than the forum - but sureley that would be the next best thing to getting you guys in a room together , despite the geographic boundaries.Id love to tune in on my night shifts.

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #2 of 3
LOL Ive got a feeling I am going to check back on this thread tomorrow and its going to  be a barren waste land, a beer mat idea destined for the bin :/

Jul 30, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #3 of 3
Now with the new voice over IP cell phone programs it does seem like only a matter of time until such a thing starts up. A good venue also for Head-Fi advertisers to be able to place ads on the cell phone sidebar when your talking. A  voice over cell IP free 976 chat line for audiophiles who just maybe are driving to work and can't manage a 3g web browser while in the car.

I am surprised at the speed power of 3g connections for mobile web browsing with a laptop also. I have even passed my high speed connection with 3g downloading rates! Who knew that 3g had the ability of all this! With Dsl downloading rates at 144 Kbps to 1.5Mbps, I really wonder about the future of 3g and 4g mobile web use on a laptop? So even if it does not get implemented in cells soon, Head-Fi should do one line just for voice over IP if it could work! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back