A Bundle of Extreme Musical Happiness -- A Review of the Swans M200 MKIII
Jan 26, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #63 of 69
I've got these now. Had them for a bit, but I'm getting a slight hiss without any music playing. I can't swap cables etc so have problems eliminating the issue. Running it from my laptop to my HDP then to the Swans. 

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #64 of 69
I have listened to several Swan and Aktimate speakers. Aktimate makes better speakers than Swan at the same price point in Australia. However, Swan makes good speakers as well.

Aktimate>Swan>Audioenigne A5+

I have owned speakers from all three companies.

Based on my experiences, for true hifi sound:
Aktimate Mini+>Swan speakers up to $1000>Swan MK200MKIII>Aktimate Micro>Swan MK200MKII>Swan D1080>Audioengine A5+

Aktimate Micro costs $279 in Australia but $500 in USA.

So if you get Swan MkIII for $400 then that is a bargain. And no monitor setup within $400 comes close to Swan MKIII.

Between Swan and Aktimate, a lot comes down to preference and taste, but from the point of view of true hi fi Aktimate is better.

Thank You

Aakshey

May 26, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #65 of 69
I have the M200 MKII. How are the MKIII better than the II other than being louder. Is it worth the upgrade?

Sep 25, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #66 of 69
I have listened to several Swan and Aktimate speakers. Aktimate makes better speakers than Swan at the same price point in Australia. However, Swan makes good speakers as well.

Aktimate>Swan>Audioenigne A5+

I have owned speakers from all three companies.

Based on my experiences, for true hifi sound:
Aktimate Mini+>Swan speakers up to $1000>Swan MK200MKIII>Aktimate Micro>Swan MK200MKII>Swan D1080>Audioengine A5+

Aktimate Micro costs $279 in Australia but $500 in USA.

So if you get Swan MkIII for $400 then that is a bargain. And no monitor setup within $400 comes close to Swan MKIII.

Between Swan and Aktimate, a lot comes down to preference and taste, but from the point of view of true hi fi Aktimate is better.

Thank You

Aakshey

I have the M200 MKII. How are the MKIII better than the II other than being louder. Is it worth the upgrade?

what do you think about swan hivi x4 or t200B swan

Feb 14, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #67 of 69
I have and love the MIII. They're a great speaker option in India, a country where, otherwise, stuff isn't too easy to come by in terms of high-end audio. They're available on ProAudioHome.
I've taken an output from my HRT MusicStreamer II+ (with another out going to an Asgard headphone amp). Soon I'll be upgrading the Asgard to a Lyr2 which has RCA outs for the speakers - so it'll be pretty interesting to see what effect tubes have on these.

The speakers sound terrific, look spectacular and in my mind offer terrific value for money. Highly recommended buy.

Chuck

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #68 of 69
I have the M-Audio AV42 speakers,and the left one just died.Thats a shame because i got them a year ago,and i really like the way they sound.
Do these sound better than the M-Audio's?I also could get the Adam Audio A3X for a good price here,so which of the two would you guys recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back