A bit stressed out over all the choices...a little advice?
Jun 18, 2007 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

elbrickodaviso

100+ Head-Fier
edit: this post was incoherent and stupid so it's gone now =p plus, my problem is pretty much solved (i hope).

Jun 18, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #2 of 13
I may be able to address the comfort issue since I have both HD600 and a couple of Grados....well; Alessandro anyway, but one is heavy and the other ones light. The light one has the same heft as the wooden housing RS-1. Well; within a couple of silly little grams I'm sure, and not the full hundred grams difference between my lighter and heavier MS-1 and MS2i.

Anyway; Bottom Line?

Bottom line is my heavier MS2i with nine-month-worn bowl pads is actually MORE comfortable than my HD600! Not much more; just a little bit.

Maybe it's my head size and/or shape, but I can adjust the Grado style band to a near infinite number of positions but the HD600 can only be adjusted up and down. With the Alessandros I can adjust the pads so they fit just right in height and tightness, and I can adjust the toe-in or toe-out to get the pads perfectly parallel to the ears/head. The Senns on the other hand tend to put pressure down and back, behind my ears and start to get uncomfortable after about two hours, which I hate cause when it's a "Senns day" I don't really want to take the darned things off!
wink.gif

Jun 18, 2007 at 7:31 AM Post #3 of 13
I appreciate the response
cool.gif

The HD600s are pretty comfortable, probably the most comfortable phones I've had on my head so far.

There are many things I like about my 600s. In fact, the only genres I don't like too much on them are faster forms of metal. Slower metal (ie: Isis, Pelican, etc.) work surprisingly well on them, but it would still be cool to have those in-your-face dynamics. I guess iPod>Hornet>HD600 will work until I save for everything else
smily_headphones1.gif

Is it a good idea buying them from Headroom when the time comes, if only for the ability to send them back if they don't end up working out?

Jun 18, 2007 at 2:57 PM Post #5 of 13
Being able to send headphones back to HeadRoom if necessary, can be a good reason for sure. Another good reason would be buying them from HeadRoom...or any other HeadFi sponsor...is that it helps keep THIS evil place running!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 19, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #6 of 13
Rofl, I'm selling everything I have, and it'll be:

cd transport or AV-710> Ori Zhaolu > Gilmore Lite (until I can aford the MAD Ear+) > RS-1, if I end up liking them
tongue.gif

This hobby will eventually kill me, I know it.

Jun 19, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by elbrickodaviso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rofl, I'm selling everything I have, and it'll be:

cd transport or AV-710> Ori Zhaolu > Gilmore Lite (until I can aford the MAD Ear+) > RS-1, if I end up liking them
tongue.gif

This hobby will eventually kill me, I know it.

*chuckle* Best as I can tell, this place does in our wallets, the wives or GFs finish off what's left!
tongue.gif

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #9 of 13
I must be some sort of masochist, because I have so much fun trying to get all this straightened out! I really hope I get it just about right this time at least...my wallet and/or heart can't take any more of this
biggrin.gif

I really think this is going to be amazing, especially after I get the tube amp in a few months. All I'm worried about is whether the Grados will fit my head well...it would suck at an unimaginable level if the K701s AND the RS-1s don't fit me well because they've been my favorite phones so far :|

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:33 AM Post #10 of 13
no this hobby won't kill you..... unlike speakers, you really can listen to headphones all day long
580smile.gif
, so sooner or later your hearing can get damaged to a point you won't be able to tell the difference between different interconnect cables anymore, then you will stop
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 26, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #11 of 13
Well, RS-1s from TTVJ and the Gilmore Lite is on its way, with the Ori Zhaolu D2 coming next.

This is gonna rule.

Jun 26, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #12 of 13
Your current state of decisive indecisiveness is compounded by trying to get answers before you even know the questions- it's like attempting to line dance with a pod of whirling dervishers.

Jun 26, 2007 at 6:33 AM Post #13 of 13
I had a little trouble reading what you said until I realized you were referring to my first post. I'm gonna fix that
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by wae5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your current state of decisive indecisiveness is compounded by trying to get answers before you even know the questions- it's like attempting to line dance with a pod of whirling dervishers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back